how do you mark your name on key fob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean with alcohol and apply your address label. Cover that with clear gorilla tape.
Everything at same temp (indoors) … Oh, wash hands first
That will last a few months … do it again

I use belt loop key clips and hang them in mud room when home.
Worst place for keys is a pocket on jeans.

Originally Posted by edwardh1
The plastic key things. I tried address label, it wore off real quick

If found on the street do you want them to know your name? If mixing up two at home then wife & husband would be safe.

What other keys are on the keychain?

Micro chip it. Same product used in pets.

OTW put your Name and phone # on a "mini label" in the battery compartment.

or the fob with phone number and address on it is the classic option.

Me? I don't mark mine; Now I'm going to loose it. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Haven't needed to (yet). I'd probably just add a key ring and some sort of tag if I needed to.

I never even thought of it...
what I have done, is plaid with the "Dog Tag" type engraving machine in the pet Dept @ work.
both Key Rings have a "Dog Tag" style tag, with my Name and Cell Phone number on it.

Originally Posted by earlyre
........ the "Dog Tag" type engraving machine in the pet Dept............

Most walmarts have these.

it's bu far the most economical approach to this problem

The plastic key things. I tried address label, it wore off real quick

What do you mean by fob? The keyless entry remotes? Do you have two cars where they look identical? Otherwise, why put your name on it? You could use those id tags they put on your key ring when you drop your car off for service. Or dap a spot of touch up paint on it.

I Gorilla glued a dog tag from Walmart on my money clip. Phone number only. Guess the same thing would work on my key ring. Have key finders on both, the kind that have an RF work fine if I lose it at home (louder beep), the more sophisticated ones didn't work that great when I tried them about three years ago.

Last edited:

I don't. What's the reason you want to mark it with your name?

Originally Posted by Fawteen

I don't. What's the reason you want to mark it with your name?

If it was me I'd probably name it with the vehicle. I'm one of those oddballs with a driveway full of the same vehicle. I cannot count the number of times I've not been able to start the wife's Camry only to figure out I used the wrong key--they're identical to the one for my truck. It'll probably get worse when the kids drive and I wind up with a rack of keys; I'd be content to put each of my kids into Camry's and then have super-simple driveway servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back