Mail in mailbox notification devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Grandma had a spring loaded device that would flag up when the mailman opened the door of the box. It would pop up and you had to manually reset it when you shut the door.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Great Grandma had a spring loaded device that would flag up when the mailman opened the door of the box. It would pop up and you had to manually reset it when you shut the door.

I just check my mail on the way in or out. However, I would pay good money for this device for the simple genius of the idea. I'm surprised it didn't become a standard feature on mailboxes.

I only check my mail once every 4-5 days.That way I know there'll be something there and I don't make any wasted trips.

IF there was a USB power source and wifi reached, I would jamb a Wyze Camera(https://wyze.com/wyze-cam.html) into the mail box and get a notification on phone someone futzed with mailbox. I use one to monitor my cats on side chair when I vacation as my wife stresses. Best $20 we spent.

IMG_61EC86DBB9DF-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ended up getting this one on Ebay for $40.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Been working 2 days now and I love it. Hear the buzzer from anywhere in the house and even went out to meet the mailman to get the mail. Should have got this years ago.

Didn't know there was such a thing (electronic mail signaling device).
Providing we are home, our little doggie barks when hearing certain vehicles and mail delivery is on her bark notification list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back