How many steps a day are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our I phones and the one sissy on my crews fit but are logging 15,000-19000 per day in bad terrain.
And we wonder why our knees and hips only make it to 55 years old. What are you getting and what is your career and conditions?

home remodeling so I would say some days way to many steps other days not so much...just wear and tear on knees from ladders. roofing, lifting etc

I sit at a desk all day, so not too many.

I do split my lunch. 1/2 hour nap, 1/2 hour walk. I walk over to the grocery store on lunch and buy groceries.

5 to 8k during the week I'd guess. I've seen 25k on the weekends when I'm doing yardwork. I haven't been tracking real well lately. With fall setting in (and it's more like winter now) I've kinda turned into hibernation mode.

I dont have a pedometer, but I used to be on my feet at least 7 hours a day. Still not enough exercise and did a job on the knees..

Doing construction on my Log house myself and doing heavy lifting and sawing and sledging and de-barking has made me feel much better and stronger - especially in the upper back shoulders and arms.

After three months of hard work the body feels almost recovered from advancing old age.

I'm 63 y.o.

I average 15,000 a day. My walk to pier where I work for the Navy is 1/2 mile each way, plus I run 3.5 to 5.5 miles a day in order to stay this fat. I take a lot of meds for my asthma so I have to get at least 12,000 a day, because a few of the meds put on weight.
I have a Fitbit I use when not at work and a non-blue tooth pedometer which I have to use at work as I cannot have anything blue tooth enabled where I am at.

I'm an office plankton and most days is about 1,500 steps only. But I try to walk and when I get a chance, it's about 6,000 steps.

I have a gym in my basement so I either lift weights, row or do elliptical to address my sedentary lifestyle.

Don't really know or care to work hard daily in the gym 6 days a week and more importantly have my diet on point.. I kinda laugh at all the overweight out of shape wrist tracker people but hey to each their own.

I average 8000-9000/day per my Apple Watch. Low of 6000, high of 15000. I have only had it a few weeks, and can't always wear it everywhere I go.

exercise is good but it takes a LOT to burn off excess body fat from too much food or even poor food choices! some people can be skinny but fat inside from TOO many carbs, so controlling your insulin which controls your glucose is key to health. lots of info out there to decide what is true or bull, but one look at modern america shows FEW are getting it right!!

7-12K miles when I wear one. My wife wears hers 6 days a week. And letely averages around 6K per day. She had a hip replacement 3 months ago and is up from 2K 2 months ago to the present 6. She had one 7.5K mile day and paid for it the next day.

I ran a beer delivery route for 8 years. My helper used his "gadget" to count his steps from 6AM (when we arrived at our first stop) and let it count until we left our last stop of the route. For comparison, he walked through a puddle of water then onto dry pavement...walking as he would while working. We measured the distance apart of his footprints and tallied up his steps to calculate the distance. On a typical work day from 6AM to 2PM, we averaged walking between 7-8 miles. That's a lot of back and forth from the truck to the beer cooler inside the stores.

I meant 7-12K steps....
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back