VW Jetta oil filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by paoester
Its like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-04E-115-Engine-Filter/dp/B00KWGHEQA
"T" is for Turkey. (Made in the factory town of Drumstick, Turkey)
The "H" on the Amazon one is for.... Hummel I suppose.

No it isn't like that one because that one in a M + H just like the 2 I cut apart and the one FordBroncoVWJeta cut open.

While it is possible that "T" is for Turkey "H' is not for Hummel because there is also a B and it is also made by M + H from what I've been able to determine.

Originally Posted by paoester
Iz there room for a longer XG3600 ? Around 0.3" longer.

Check the link I posted to the TEX.

I do have to say I think someone would be a fool to go off application list on a car under warranty...

DuckRyder, different manufacterer on the Amazon German filter, but it does fit a 1.4L 2019 Jetta anyway.
The Turkey one is a strange frankenstein e-core, Fram Ultra media(?), and cheap nitrile ADBV. Probably works quite well of course.
I did just check the https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9342379-OE-factory-1-4T-oil-filter-cut-open link you cited above,
and see there is enough room for an XG3600.

You make a good point about the VW Warranty 'Enforcers'. Now I'm reluctant to use anything but genuine VAG oil filters in my 6-year warranty '19 Tiguan. (cartridge oil filters, Mann Hummel supplier)
One could assume VW would point to a non-VAG oil filter and blame it on a spun bearing, camshaft bearing failure, etc., on warranty, IF it ever fails.

I don't want to take Adams thread too far off but the Amazon one is the common filter, my dealer has supplied me two of these, one which I cut open unused and the other which is now on the car. The one I posted a few days ago was original to the car, all of these were the MHL filters. There are a number of these cut open here if you google the part number (other than mine and Bronco).

The FFA Turkey filter I could not find one for sale so I'm wondering if perhaps some engines are sourced from Turkey and these are factory filters on those engines? (FWIW my window sticker indicates COO for my engine was Brazil)

In essence I'm trying to draw a parallel, are these filters like:

The OE Ford that used to be champ labs and were unavailable anywhere after the engine factory
or
The Honda where A01 and A02 as well as 003 are considered interchangeable though they are from different manufacturers and have different designs.

The FFA filter shares a few similarities with the MHL, but many differences too.

With respect to the 3600: Although I plan to use OE filters and officially approved oil in mine so there can be no arguments, I'd think you were under considerably less risk using a catalogued AM filter. Meaning you can point to the application guide and find the part number specified for the car. At least if that was the case and the dealer tried to blame the filter you'd have some chance of having the filter maker in your corner, but if you go outside of that ... you're kinda far out there on that limb by yourself...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder

With respect to the 3600: Although I plan to use OE filters and officially approved oil in mine so there can be no arguments, I'd think you were under considerably less risk using a catalogued AM filter. Meaning you can point to the application guide and find the part number specified for the car. At least if that was the case and the dealer tried to blame the filter you'd have some chance of having the filter maker in your corner, but if you go outside of that ... you're kinda far out there on that limb by yourself...
Next oil change i'm going to use the 2870 VW filter. They have all the same specs. Except they are longer. The one thing you have to watch on after market filters is the bypass valve. OEM is 36 PSI, and most after market (Fram 3614, Motorcraft 910s) are 12 PSI bypass.
I wouldn't recommend the 3600 just because the 12 PSI bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back