2015 Mazda 6 Auto-RX rinse Castrol EDGE 0W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
3,174 miles on this Auto-RX rinse oil. 84,604 miles on the car. Not intended as anything but a baseline, as I recently picked this car up used as a commuter. I have a fairly long drive on the highway & freeway, but not usually too much stop-and-go. 75 miles/day in the Sonoran Desert of AZ.

New Wix air filter installed for ARX treatment, and Wix oil filter for this rinse. We get periodic haboobs (huge rolling oceans of airborne dirt) here, so I'm very happy with the air filtration.

Code

Fe 2

Cr 0

Pb 0

Cu 0

Sn 0

Al 0

Ni 0

Ag 0

Si 0

K 0

Na 3

B 69

Mg 622

Ca 940

Ba 0

P 701

Zn 774

Mo 71

Ti 18

V 3

Fuel: Neg

Glycol: Neg

Vis 100C: 8.5

TBN: 4.9

Ultra-clean! The iron ppm/1k miles is very good for such a short drain, and clearly the car will run MUCH further on future drains, now that the ARX cycle is complete.

Originally Posted by frankbee3
I like to flush out fluids on a newly purchased used car for a clean start. Especially brake and transmission fluid.

Yep I've done the same on almost every used car purchased, if I didn't know the mx history.

ATF, engine oil (with Auto-RX), brake fluid, spark plugs, and filters all changed or flushed. My SOP for a used car with this kind of mileage.

Originally Posted by bulwnkl
Ultra-clean! The iron ppm/1k miles is very good for such a short drain, and clearly the car will run MUCH further on future drains, now that the ARX cycle is complete.

Yeah - that's pretty impressive indeed.
Would be nice to see either an insolubles count (such as what Blackstone does) or a soot % rating (like from some other labs). It would just be interesting to see if there was any clean-up going on, or if the engine was just so clean inside that it was moot.
Regardless, I think you're in good shape for the next 85k miles and many more!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bulwnkl
3,174 miles on this Auto-RX rinse oil. 84,604 miles on the car. Not intended as anything but a baseline, as I recently picked this car up used as a commuter. I have a fairly long drive on the highway & freeway, but not usually too much stop-and-go. 75 miles/day in the Sonoran Desert of AZ.

New Wix air filter installed for ARX treatment, and Wix oil filter for this rinse. We get periodic haboobs (huge rolling oceans of airborne dirt) here, so I'm very happy with the air filtration.

Code

Fe 2

Cr 0

Pb 0

Cu 0

Sn 0

Al 0

Ni 0

Ag 0

Si 0

K 0

Na 3

B 69

Mg 622

Ca 940

Ba 0

P 701

Zn 774

Mo 71

Ti 18

V 3

Fuel: Neg

Glycol: Neg

Vis 100C: 8.5

TBN: 4.9

I do not believe this UOA. Too many contaminants with a 0, especially Si.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back