Shattered glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today at work one of my co-workers said his girlfriend drove past and saw a grey Mustang with broken glass. I went out to see this. Nothing was taken thankfully. I called the police who referred me to their webpage to file a report
smirk2.gif
. I swept up all the glass on the road and picked up everything on the seat while wearing gloves. Drove it onto the lot for a bit more safety. Already ordered a new glass from Ford, ended up being about $150 and either one of the techs at work, or the glass guy we use are going to put it in for me. Everyone at work is surprised I am not more upset over it, trust me I am, but being upset won't make the glass unshatter. The most annoying part is knowing I will be picking up glass for months.

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9654.jpg

IMG_9655.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Everyone at work is surprised I am not more upset over it, trust me I am, but being upset won't make the glass unshatter. The most annoying part is knowing I will be picking up glass for months.

I'm not saying that being angry will undo the damage, but honestly it's a violation of your space and criminal act. You know society is truly on it's way downward when societies sense of outrage disappears.

That being said I hope there isn't as many shards in the car as you suspect, because this is a pain.

What a drag man, been there.. and sorry that happened to ya. And I'm like you on this kinda stuff, what good does getting all stomping mad do? Like you said, it's not gonna "un-break" the glass. Ya just deal with it (bust out the shop vac) and move forward..

Last edited:
It has happened to me before. A good vacuum is the way to go but even two years later I found glass inside.

Might have glass in your air vent by the door. Close all the other vents and put the fan on high and try to blow it out. I like the louvers on the side rear windows. $150 isn't bad.

Bummer. Did the glass scratch your seats? I would be very thorough vacuuming and cleaning the seats to get all the glass out. That will chew up the material. Sorry this happened.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Any security cameras in the area?

Negative. We have them on the lot, but not aimed at the street.

The annoying part is for the past 12 years I have parked where that white Chevy Express van is almost every day. If you see the picture, my car is literally on Google Street View where I park most days. Today I was where that blue Mustang is in the picture.

14p51gt parking.jpg

Originally Posted by gregk24
Bummer. Did the glass scratch your seats? I would be very thorough vacuuming and cleaning the seats to get all the glass out. That will chew up the material. Sorry this happened.

The seat material looked alright. I will absolutely vacuum and clean everything when I get the chance.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
That being said I hope there isn't as many shards in the car as you suspect, because this is a pain.

I park in the city also and it's just a matter of time til it happens. Had it happen to me a few times. And yes, every time, I'm always finding pieces of glass months later. It tends to hide in spots you can't vacuum and then as you drive it, it loosens up and you end up finding them months later. No way around it. Just need to do a good vacuum a few times after driving around.

One reason why I carry comprehensive with no deductible. Every few years, the side glass gets smashed.

Originally Posted by KJSmith
Tint will keep it together. Easier cleanup.

My Borla ATAKs are already questionably legal, I don't need any more probably cause. I have thought about it though.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Might have glass in your air vent by the door. Close all the other vents and put the fan on high and try to blow it out. I like the louvers on the side rear windows. $150 isn't bad.

It lists for around $197. I paid a bit extra for the expedited shipping, normally glass ships direct from Carlite and takes a week or so when it doesn't come in sounding like a Lego box. I'm going down to NHRA in Pomona on Saturday and a dealer in Long Beach showed it for a huge discount, but they ended up not having it, rats.

The side louvers were part of one of the appearance packs the car has which also included the side scoops and spoiler. They look cool but it makes parking lots challenging. It would be nice if they could be removed easily.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
I love those 91-92 Z/28s. I can't believe they came from the factory like that!

Ya its a pretty cool ride. That is one of the techs at my work, he has a black one also.

I didn't find anything in the car that would have been thrown in. My work gave me a Jelly Bean for a loaner, a red Fiesta.

They probably wanted to steal it and realized it was a manual and couldn't! Sorry for this, at least it was only the glass and not the paint or body damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back