12 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4cyl. 90,000 mi. M1 0W-20 EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty boring report as I thought it would be. 2012 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4 cyl 4x4 SR5 with 90,000 miles. Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance.
Ic4pXnT

I wonder about the moly as well.

Another great Toyota engine report. Virtually no wear metals. Those 2.7s are excellent motors.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Using EP for 5K miles only?

That is correct. I didn't start my own oil changes until 85,000 miles. Until that it was Toyota Dealer, then an indy shop for 10,000 miles ( 2 changes). All I know is that they used an 0W-20 weight oil.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Using EP for 5K miles only?

Nothing wrong with that. We all have freedom of choice.

Originally Posted by dippschtick
Seems like a lot of moly for M1 EP. What did you have in it before?

Toyota Dealership used 0W-20 majority of changes and sometimes 5W-20 conventional for 75,000 miles. The indy used 0W-20 the other 10,000 miles. Not sure on manufacture brand used? I assume who ever had best price on bulk oil at the time.

Last edited:
According to the report, Blackstone recommends OCI to 7k. So, does that means going over 7k is not ideal? Since this is a 10K+ OCI type of oil.

Originally Posted by painfx
According to the report, Blackstone recommends OCI to 7k. So, does that means going over 7k is not ideal? Since this is a 10K+ OCI type of oil.

Per this Toyota Service Bulletin I'm supposed to change my oil every 5,000 miles since 0W-20 is not inclusive to my engine since 5W-20 is also allowed if I'm reading this correctly? I feel safe going 7,500mi on 0W-20 fully synthetic.

Toyota Service Bulletin

Originally Posted by wagsrk08
Originally Posted by painfx

Per this Toyota Service Bulletin I'm supposed to change my oil every 5,000 miles since 0W-20 is not inclusive to my engine since 5W-20 is also allowed if I'm reading this correctly? I feel safe going 7,500mi on 0W-20 fully synthetic.

Toyota Service Bulletin

0w20 for 7500 is perfectly fine in that motor. I hate that you can't buy a new 4 cyl 4wd manual transmission Tacoma anymore. Take care of that one since it's the last of it's kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back