New favorite way to remove snow from vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

I was in my driveway tonight and had to remove about 3/4 inch of light snow from the Caravan.

Decided to grab my Dewalt 20V leaf blower. Makes the job 3 times quicker than using a snow brush.

Has anyone else done this?

Originally Posted by JC1
I was in my driveway tonight and had to remove about 3/4 inch of light snow from the Caravan.

Decided to grab my Dewalt 20V leaf blower. Makes the job 3 times quicker than using a snow brush.

Done it many times.

Try it when you had a dump of wet snow.

Originally Posted by KevGuy
Originally Posted by JC1

Done it many times.

I will. I might need more than one battery to make it through the wet stuff.

its nice on the light stuff.. I plan on using my backpack blower for the back deck and such if the snow is the right type.

IF its the heavy type I'll lug the toro around the house and up 9 steps.

Originally Posted by JC1

Works with light fluffy snow. Which does not seem to be the norm.

I pull out the Echo gas blower all the time up to 2to3 inches of the light stuff. The smell of VPracing fuel is a great way start of the morning.

I leave the house same time as a summer day so no time ,I make a hand sized view port and get to 60 mph as soon as i can .
that blows the snow off and prevents tailgating.
coffee2.gif

It does work well as does wind in proper snow conditions. That kind of snow though is rare at my home in Coastal New England which always seems to have a high wetness factor.

I have never done it with car however my wrap around walkway deck(75ft) it seems worth especially with outlet nearby.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by Fawteen
Never have, never will.

Are you sure Fawteen? I heard it's freezing in Mobile Bay tonight.

If that were to happen, everything would shut down (and understandable to some degree). Ever see what happens to a place like Atlanta if they get a 1/2" of snow ? Remember, they don't have snow plows, salt trucks, etc.

Originally Posted by KevGuy

In my experience, it simply doesn't work or my leaf blower (AC powered, not battery) isn't strong enough. It will remove the fresh dust layer on top but anything else, that's wet and heavy, just laughs....

I've never tried my AC leaf blower on light snow. By the time I drag it out of hiding, run a cord, I could have swept it off with a Sno-Joe or other light snow broom.

I do use the blower for removing water off the car after a wash when I want to speed up the process for a following wax. Only caution is that if you aren't very careful, you WILL at times run the snout of the blower into your car's paint. Been there, done that.

I just bought a hand held Ryobi gas leaf blower. It works pretty well and seems fairly powerful. I'm definitely going to try and use it to clean as much snow off our 2 Explorers this winter. Of course if the snow storms this year are like last years which were mainly 6"+ of a heavy crunchy mix of ice and snow it could be a challenge
grin2.gif

Whimsey

I have a B&D 40v sweeper and it works with light fluffy stuff up to a couple three inches but just isn't worth the hassle especially when it's windy. Just get a Snow joe and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back