VW Jetta oil filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter and whatever oil dealer used was off a friends new to him VW Jetta. Put another OEM filter and Castrol 0w20 like DuckRyder uses.

Oil and filter was in and on for just under 4,700 miles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That looks like a factory oil filter maybe. New-ish Jetta there? I thought they all used cartridge oil filters, especially the new ones that call for 0w20.

Originally Posted by paoester
That looks like a factory oil filter maybe. New-ish Jetta there? I thought they all used cartridge oil filters, especially the new ones that call for 0w20.

2019 Jetta and we have ones like my friends at work. Baseline models I believe use spin on filter
smile.gif

This filter has a black (silicone? ) ADBV. May be silicone as sure was soft as bubblegum. DuckRyders factory VW filter had white ADBV
confused.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by paoester

2019 Jetta and we have ones like my friends at work. Baseline models I believe use spin on filter
smile.gif

I see it now. The 1.4L uses an XG3614 (or the longer XG3600 if it will fit) and VW 508 0w20.
The 2.0L engines in Jettas use the cartridge ones like my '19 Tiguan, got it.

Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

That's an interesting looking filter. Who is FFA? I've never heard of them before. Does anyone else on here know about Turkish FFA filters?

The wire-backed media with an ecore plastic cage is a strange combo
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

Yes I was just about to say mine is marked made in Germany and "MHL" which is presumably Mann + Hummel.

Also, is that wire backing? mine has a sort of nylon mesh like Boss,

Bypass valve is not the same and mine had a flat spring, not a coil...

Thanks for the C&P as usual, nice pictures.

Edit: BTW, Assenmacher Tool (AST) filter wrench and funnel is the ticket.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Yes I was just about to say mine is marked made in Germany and "MHL" which is presumably Mann + Hummel.

Also, is that wire backing? mine has a sort of nylon mesh like Boss,

Bypass valve is not the same and mine had a flat spring, not a coil...

Thanks for the C&P as usual, nice pictures.

Edit: BTW, Assenmacher Tool (AST) filter wrench and funnel is the ticket.

Robert: it is indeed wire backing as I pulled apart the media.

On some Volkswagen engines the filter housing is a whole assembly like this one here: https://www.amazon.com/OKAY-MOTOR-Filter-Housing-Quattro/dp/B07JL9DBY5

I don't know if the VWs that take spin on filters have anything like that. Mann + Hummel is one of the OEMs VW uses. Last time I bought a filter for my Passat it was branded Mann + Hummel even though in a VW box. The filter even had the VW logo on it too but was an obvious Mann + Hummel filter. When I bought my last car I was looking for a Volkswagen but I was specifically avoiding the 8 valve 2.0. That is because they were only 115 HP and difficult to get much more out of. I don't modify my car, I just don't want one that is too slow. I think the only reason VW used that 2.0 for all those years is because they are reliable. I can't see any other reason.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Thanks Adam, does the part number end in "T"? (04E-115-561-T)?

Yeah, what I made out on can said "561-T"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back