Do high beams make you angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing more irritating to me than people driving around the city with their high beams on at night.

Am I the only one or are there others out there?

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Not nearly as much as people hanging out in the left lane.

thumbsup2.gif

I wonder about all the people in my rural mountain county that NEVER use their high beams. Easy on coming traffic, but they rarely see that Elk standing in the road soon enough to avoid it.

There seem to be even more clueless people driving around in the city without their headlights on. In the old days you would know by looking at the dash and it'd be dark if your lights aren't on. But now with digital dashes, they don't have a clue even when you try to tell them they don't have their headlights on.

This and those who drive with their fog lights on when it is i clear night. Considered illegal in some countries due the the increased glare for on coming vehicles.

I wonder if the people with their highs permanently on are the same people that drive around at night with their dashboards on FULL BRIGHT, completely ruining any night vision they may have. Probably require high beams to see over the retina burning glare of the dash.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
I wonder if the people with their highs permanently on are the same people that drive around at night with their dashboards on FULL BRIGHT, completely ruining any night vision they may have. Probably require high beams to see over the retina burning glare of the dash.

I have bixenons with auto high beams. Would be good when this trickles down to every car out there, Works pretty well, doesn't really get fooled except for the occasional street light at a low angle.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
There is nothing more irritating to me than people driving around the city with their high beams on at night.

But they have to compensate for having only one headlight working.

I'll bet most are not adjusted right. 2018 RAM 1500, headlights too high. 2019 Charger SXT, lights were way too high. 2019 Challenger R/T, again lights too high. In each instance down the road vision greatly improved after readjusting them. My beef is trucks with a front leveling kit and don't readjust headlights.
There should be a bigger BLUE light to show when brights are on. The 2019 Charger's high beam indicator is in the tach pod. At 60MPH the bright indicator is behind the tach needle..........

Others driving with high beams is irritating and dangerous especially on dark country roads, but I've noticed that my head lamps will shine directly into just about every sedan's rearview mirror or front windshield. I've been flashed by oncoming vehicles while driving with my stock head lamps, thinking that I'm driving with my high beams on. I've gone to using my fog lights mainly to avoid blinding the drivers in front of me. My truck is 4x4 at stock height and I don't think there's much room for adjustment to make them less glaring for others
21.gif

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino

Am I the only one or are there others out there?

I though that in the USA when people on the road tick you off you can just pull out your pistol and set them straight?

Originally Posted by chancem
Others driving with high beams is irritating and dangerous especially on dark country roads, but I've noticed that my head lamps will shine directly into just about every sedan's rearview mirror or front windshield. I've been flashed by oncoming vehicles while driving with my stock head lamps, thinking that I'm driving with my high beams on. I've gone to using my fog lights mainly to avoid blinding the drivers in front of me. My truck is 4x4 at stock height and I don't think there's much room for adjustment to make them less glaring for others
21.gif

I know on my last 2017 Superduty all 4 halogen bulbs were lit when the lows were on. People flashing me all the time. Couldn't do anything about it, and yes they were adjusted spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back