2008 Acura TL Timing Belt/Component Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mechanic/Certified GM Tec buddy of mine had to burn some vacation time this week. I ordered the Aisin Timing Belt/Water Pump/Component Kit from Rock Auto last week. My Acura presently has 114k and I did not have that job done yet that is recommended from Honda/Acura at 105k. Anyways, Kit from Rock Auto was less then 200 bucks and he charged me a flat 250 bucks to complete the job from start to finish and adjust the valves. Looking forward to another trouble free 105 -- 114k trouble free miles overall. Changed the plugs at 85k so not worried about those for some time yet. Nice to have good/smart friends.

Last edited:
Yep, for that amount of money I'd probably pay someone as well instead of doing it myself. Its not a hard job, but it can take a while if you've never done one.

That's very shorty money for the work involved. You have a good friend.

I'd say you got a smoking good deal. I paid a lot more than that for my J-Series Honda t-belt replacement just to have it all blow up in 5000 miles. I don't say that worry you. You'll probably be fine. The guys on this forum say that t-belt jobs on those engines usually give no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back