Installing decals and emblems in cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not supposed to put them on below 60 and it's not expected to be much over 40 for the near future. Not having the luxury of a heated indoor space, any suggestions? Got two 12 inch long vinyl transfer decals to install. Would a 500 watt spotlight pointing towards the spot it will go on work?

Originally Posted by atikovi
You're not supposed to put them on below 60 and it's not expected to be much over 40 for the near future. Not having the luxury of a heated indoor space, any suggestions? Got two 12 inch long vinyl transfer decals to install. Would a 500 watt spotlight pointing towards the spot it will go on work?

A hairdryer will work too. Anything that gets that surface temp up over 50 degrees will be fine. Mid-40s is probably OK without heat but pushing it. Source: Me, helped run a sign shop for 10 years in Maine.

Is the heat only required for the application, or should I keep it warm afterwards for a while?

Just the application. I've never seen a need to keep it warm after its initial bond.

A heated garage would work a whole lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back