Is Wss-m2c921-a spec not produced anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://prodepc.blob.core.windows.net/epcblobstorage/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Rimula_R3_FX_10W-30_(en)_TDS_v1.pdf

Try to find this oil.

Last edited:
It's still an active specification for use in high sulphur diesels if I recall correctly. The last time I checked Turkey doesn't sell high sulfur diesel so you should be ok using the correct grade or thicker HDEO.

looking up that model in the castrol uk (and Turkish)sites, it basically recommends a 5w30 A5 oil..

well.. for the TDV8 3.6...5w30 A5
for the TDV8 3.6 DPF, 5w30 C1...

so it looks like, 5w30... and a C1 oil if you have a DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) system, an A5 if you Don't....

that's my say anyway...

Originally Posted by Danno
https://prodepc.blob.core.windows.net/epcblobstorage/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Rimula_R3_FX_10W-30_(en)_TDS_v1.pdf

Try to find this oil.

Yes but manual recommends 5w30.
Found rimula 5w30 but in 20lt packages...

Originally Posted by dave1251
It's still an active specification for use in high sulphur diesels if I recall correctly. The last time I checked Turkey doesn't sell high sulfur diesel so you should be ok using the correct grade or thicker HDEO.

Yes low sulphur here.Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted by earlyre
looking up that model in the castrol uk (and Turkish)sites, it basically recommends a 5w30 A5 oil..

well.. for the TDV8 3.6...5w30 A5
for the TDV8 3.6 DPF, 5w30 C1...

so it looks like, 5w30... and a C1 oil if you have a DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) system, an A5 if you Don't....

that's my say anyway...

Yes non dpf and a5 then...

Another point is the manual suggests semi synthetic.
Is there an advantage of semi or is it for low service intervals?

The 921-A sec is essentially a heavy duty engine oil spec, requiring ACEA E5 and API CH-4 - intended for use with fuel sulphur >3,000 ppm. It is specifically a 10W-30 spec, so you can't have a 5W-30 921-A oil. It has a HTHS minimum of 3.5cP so strictly C1 and A5/B5 are too thin, but oil recommendations often change over time as fuel and duty cycles change (and experience in the market).

What oil does a local JLR dealer recommend?

Originally Posted by weasley
The 921-A sec is essentially a heavy duty engine oil spec, requiring ACEA E5 and API CH-4 - intended for use with fuel sulphur >3,000 ppm. It is specifically a 10W-30 spec, so you can't have a 5W-30 921-A oil. It has a HTHS minimum of 3.5cP so strictly C1 and A5/B5 are too thin, but oil recommendations often change over time as fuel and duty cycles change (and experience in the market).

[Linked Image]

Actally recommends non existing oil i gues:)

Screenshot_20191113-143702_Drive.jpg

You are off the spec is a 5W30.

Not according to the Ford specification document I am looking at, entitled:

OIL, ENGINE, DEVELOPING MARKET, INITIAL AND SERVICE FILL, SAE 10W-30 API CH-4, ACEA E5-99

Not according to the Ford specification document I am looking at, entitled:

OIL, ENGINE, DEVELOPING MARKET, INITIAL AND SERVICE FILL, SAE 10W-30 API CH-4, ACEA E5-99

Interesting,all RR Tdv8 s use 5w30 as i know from RR forums...
I guess manual is wrong about spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back