low voltage triggers abs and parking brake light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whenever the batteries are going bad in my truck, the abs and parking brake lights do a second bulb check during a cold start. That is after waiting for the grid heater (glow plugs) to warm up it does this. Keep in mind I've owned this truck since new, and it's done this everytime I need new batteries. Now if the truck is warm enough to not need the grid heater, then the lights only do one initial bulb check. So what does that brief period of low voltage from starting up cause the two lights to come on and go out again?

The alternator is good reading at 14v when idling. btw it's probably one battery going bad, causing the other one to overstrain and make up for it.

Maybe voltage is detected low causing a blurb in self check. At least it isn't setting a code for low voltage in abs. The grids to draw lots of amps.

Last edited:
abs motor probably not getting power it needs during the self test. i believe my accord did that when alternator was dying.

When my car's alternator was dying the ABS, VSA and parking brake lights would all come on randomly or sometimes all at the same time. 07 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back