playing uploaded music on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given changes in applications I thought I would ask this again. I have many CDs I have or will rip onto my PC, then want to upload to cloud and then access from phone. Android phone. Windows PC. I have been using Windows Media Player to rip the CDs to MP3 and then use Google Play to upload to cloud and phone will have access.

Is there anything better? Maybe using WAV files vs MP3?

Can Grove Music help here?

Why do you need to get google involved? Or streaming of data for files you created and own? Don't know what type of phone you have, but can't you load them direct, or onto a memory stick/chip of some kind?

If your vehicle can handle the files, might even be able to "burn" an mp3 cd to have a giant compilation..

you want mp3 for small file size. Wavs sound a little better on good audio equipment but for most car stereos and bluetoot headphones/speakers. mp3 is more that good enough.

there are a fee free mp3 rippers on the new for windows. you just need to search,

Originally Posted by atikovi
I can imagine the sound quality from the phone speaker is pretty poor for music.

Ever heard of headphones/earphones?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Donald
MP3 VBR V2 should be good enough. Most people find it transparent, especially when played on portable gear.

But I agree with JHZR2 - why do you need to have it in the cloud and then eat up your data plan every time you want to enjoy it?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I can imagine the sound quality from the phone speaker is pretty poor for music.

smile.gif

I ain't stickin anything in my ear just to hear music.

smile.gif

I ain't stickin anything in my ear just to hear music.

Wearing headphones is no different than bringing a phone close to your ear when talking to someone, except you get much better sound quality.
21.gif

Originally Posted by Donald
MP3 VBR V2 should be good enough. Most people find it transparent, especially when played on portable gear.

But I agree with JHZR2 - why do you need to have it in the cloud and then eat up your data plan every time you want to enjoy it?

I download some favorites over WIFI to phone. Then maybe latter on delete some and download some new ones.

I never stream from the cloud to listen.

Never understood why some people have to have music going every waking moment of their lives. In the elevator, at the doctors office, at the checkout line of CVS, in the car, walking down the street, etc. Heck, they even make radios for the shower.

I use Google Play Music and it works great for uploading your own music.

You won't actually end up going through the data upload part of uploading your music. Google looks at your mp3's and matches them to it's library. It will add a high quality version of your albums / tracks to your account.

Once this is done, you can download whatever you want to any device so you can play your music without access to a data connection.

Never understood why some people have to have music going every waking moment of their lives. In the elevator, at the doctors office, at the checkout line of CVS, in the car, walking down the street, etc. Heck, they even make radios for the shower.

How do you know it is music? I spend hours of my life being able to listen to podcasts, audiobooks while doing mundane things in life with headphones(wireless is key). Music is only about 5% of my time on headphones.

Never understood why some people have to have music going every waking moment of their lives.

What's there to understand? You either like it or you don't.

Just seems odd, like they can't function without external stimuli, and it's perfectly fine for individuals wearing headphones or driving their car, but I meant more about when it's forced on you in elevators, doctors offices and the checkout line at CVS.

I rip to FLAC and load to the internal SD card and listen to them through the Music app. VLC player will play it, too.

For the cloud, I have used Google Music before for MP3 files but it will use their own files and I haven't been very happy the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back