Wim Hof breathing on Dr.Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this 14months ago, and honestly attribute it to me not falling into a screaming heap earlier in the year.

Looks silly.
If you want to control anxiety, simply reduce your stress load.

If your still partial to lying down, simply take a nap.
You'll improve your immune system and feel great!
grin.gif

"Looks silly.
If you want to control anxiety, simply reduce your stress load."

Don't knock it if it works. Better than pills any day.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Looks silly.

grin.gif

I can see that you missed Shannow's more recent posts.

In the context of his current situation, your advice comes across as uninformed.

If not absolutely heartless.

Shannow- I may give this a try. I remember your earlier experience with it.

I'm so glad this has been helping you manage things!

Originally Posted by Astro14
Looks silly.

grin.gif

I can see that you missed Shannow's more recent posts.

In the context of his current situation, your advice comes across as uninformed.

If not absolutely heartless.

Just did some digging into recent posts and wow, wish you all the best Shannow.
shocked2.gif

I know (from personal observation) that divorce/separation can be a nasty thing to deal with that affects everyone for decades - generations perhaps?

Breathing is overlooked when it comes to things like this. It can make a huge difference. Hang in there Shannow I know you're going through so much.

Interesting. I've heard there are breathing techniques to help lower blood pressure. Rapid shallow breaths vs deeper steady breaths. Deeper steady breaths are better.

Proper breathing is essential to gain control of one's mental state and we often hyperventilate without realizing what is happening. Any exercise which helps us to regain our stability I'm all for.

Originally Posted by Shannow
I started this 14months ago, and honestly attribute it to me not falling into a screaming heap earlier in the year.

Steve: I'm glad its helping you. I always enjoy reading your posts. Stay the course, things will get better
smile.gif

Concentrated Deep breathing lowers blood pressure...that's the start to relax your emotions and brain.

This isn't junk medicine, this is actual science. Breathing exercises and techniques to control stress and pain have been used for centuries... just ask any woman who's given birth....

Glad to hear it's working for ya Shannow.ðŸ‘

Looks silly.

grin.gif

Noting the comments later in the thread...and no offence taken whatsoever.

There's a huge difference between stress, stress respons and actual anxiety.

Anxiety is the amygdala kicking you into the fight/flight response before your cerebral cortex has even identified a threat...and doing it over and over and over.

The Wim Hof breathing increases adrenaline by around 250% (same levels as a person on first bungee jump), so it's the exact opposite of a nice lie down...increases red blood cell count, and enhances immune response...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180228164934.htm

During winter just gone, I was lying on concrete at 25F, wearing board shorts and a singlet, doing the breath work, no cold feeling at all....
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...w-iceman-resists-extreme-cold-180969134/

Originally Posted by JLTD
It looks interesting… Breathing breathing is underestimated, Especially in the Western world.

Be careful where you do it though.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2017/07/28/breath-holding-meditation-leads-to-two-drowning-deaths/

https://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/2016/01/wim-hof-method/

Also keep in mind that maybe it's something like Eliud Kipchoge running a 2 hour marathon. Just because one guy can do it, doesn't mean everyone else can do the same no matter how much training you do. Possible but very hard.

Interesting. Breathing is very important for health. And, certainly, lack of breathing can induce anxiety. I know I'll get anxious when sick and unable to breathe through my nose. And that's nothing compared to what others are actually going through. Breathing exercises are excellent.

But I do have to wonder if excess adrenaline is truly good for you long term. Certainly haven't read up on it to discuss intelligently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back