Supertech ST3516 Cut Open - 3,467 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in use for 3,467 miles on a 2005 Toyota Sienna. Toyota 3.3 V6 engine. Put on in a period of about 2 months. Oil used was Supertech conventional 5W-20. Changed it out a little earlier than anticipated since our winter decided to arrive early. Looks great to me. ADBV working fine, made a great seal to the center and took some force to remove. It was a little harder than I'd like, but I suppose it's to be expected for nitrile. I'd happily use one of these again for a 5k OCI. The second pic didn't turn out as well as I thought, but I was trying to show the date code of 4-30-19, and made in USA stamps.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Thanks OP. I'm liking the look of these used ST (Champion) filters more and more.

Originally Posted by wemay
Thanks OP. I'm liking the look of these used ST (Champion) filters more and more.

No problem! The last few I have cut open have looked excellent. I haven't pushed any past 5k, however.

+1

OP: what oil and filter went back in and on? Thank You for c&p
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

+1

OP: what oil and filter went back in and on? Thank You for c&p
smile.gif

I bought a bunch of Champion oil filters on closeout from Rock Auto, so one of those went on along with Supertech Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30. Under $20 with tax and shipping accounted for.

ST3614 looks great, pleats are straight and rated for 10,000 miles. Great value.

Looks fine. While a combo valve OF will never be a favorite of mine, for ~5k mile ocis should be ok. Topic filter in that range. 10k mi., not so much...for me. Now that they've tightened up the pleating and improved the cage, element not the concern it was in the past.

Thanks for c&p.

Thanks for sharing. The Champ e-core seems to be staying the same in design and quality. USA made is great too, I may try one of these next.

Yes except for that weak wide spaced plastic cage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back