Havoline 6 Quart Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my first OC with this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Havoline-SMART-CHANGE-ProDS-5W-20-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-6-qt/445716824

Bought as good value without much consideration for the box....................I am impressed!

The "glug free" is for real.

The box is actually less high, same width, and only 1/4" deeper than a 5 qt jug.

They stack unlike a jug which makes storage easier. ...

The 6 quarts is handy for my cars with a 5+ qt spec.

Actually easier to handle and pour after punching out the cutouts.

II know that commercial accounts can buy the larger size but they are not designed the same and must require pouring into another container first

With a Fumoto nipple type and hose, they hold more than a jug for recycle.

Last edited:
After I use up my stock of M1, I'm seriously considering going with this. It's not stocked locally here, but I can order it for pickup. My truck takes 8 quarts and our 4Runner takes just under 7 quarts.

got one of these for my brother's truck which takes exactly 6 quarts

Ordred it online and picked up at the local walmart.

6 quarts full syn for 19.97

I'm liking the boxed oil idea more and more.

67570759_10157688826464474_1331916139273388032_o.jpg

It's a solid everyday, no rebate priced synthetic oil. And as mentioned, for a vehicle with 6 quart OC capacity, it's the perfect size. No feng shui ruined with having to buy a jug and an expensive extra quart, or two jugs and having 4 quarts left over.

Ordered four boxes of the Pro DS in 10W30 from Walmart and it was delivered to my front door in less than 48 hrs. It will be going into both the Sierra and Frontier next OCI.

Freestyle with a 6 qt capacity works Great !!! no muss no fuss no glug .... pulling a UOA on this as the freestyle just rolled 164K second 5 K oci with Havoline

Last edited:
The one qt., two qt. remaining lines on the box and oil condom are less than accurate but how accurate are the lines on the plastic jugs? I plan on using these handy, thrifty, quasi environmentally friendly and readily available with free shipping to my door in hours from this point moving forward.

Originally Posted by twouvakind
The one qt., two qt. remaining lines on the box and oil condom are less than accurate but how accurate are the lines on the plastic jugs?...

In my experience, pretty accurate.

Just changed the oil in my son's vehicle last week. Used a box of Havoline 5W-30 syn. The box was simple to use and left almost a quart for top off.

Great value
Very good oil
Less waste.

I don't know why the other oil majors don't sell their products this way. I'm a new 'box' fan.

My Fusion takes 5.8 qts, I just pour in the entire box, more must be better right. But seriously, the 6 qt container at 20 bucks for synthetic is great all around for us that required over 5qts in the sump. I hope that other brands follow suit and make competition in the 6qt shelf space.

Originally Posted by Passport1

I don't know why the other oil majors don't sell their products this way. I'm a new 'box' fan.

You can't style a BiB container like a blow-molded bottle for marketing reasons.

SOPUS, Castrol, Chevron and Warren are using BiB for their professional lines. Biggest benefit is no pumping system and less "shrink" due to lube techs pinching oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back