Thanks amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a Denso, check out RA for an equivalent filter.

I wouldn't be worried about a Chinese made Denso filter as they have a pretty strong presence all throughout Asia and Japan.

They haven't made the blue ones for years......
Yep. The topic filter(s) first posted here, 4+ years ago now. Highly unlikely Amazon would be selling the older blue now, especially when the picture shows 'exactly' what was delivered. And of course the topic filter ok for use, even more so in an OPE application. So what unlike the now gone blue it uses a nitrile adbv, that is standard on most OPE filters. Coo just a data point in discussion here.

I've read of folks on bitog getting filters that didn't look like the picture (eg., from RA), not being satisfied and a little upset. I get it. But getting exactly what description shows, thinking it would/could/might be something else and not being satisfied?.... smh

Yes it's likely less expensive for Amazon with shipping cost to just say keep it and even refund the purchase price on top of it. Amazon like some other retailers discussed this forum, for any number of reasons often takes heat. This thead an example where no matter what customer did, they settled it to the customer's advantage and their loss. I expect it's just one of many. So kudos to them imo. My .02 and off my soap box.

The 150-2010 has always been a black can. So you received exactly what you ordered.

The 150-1002 is the part number for the previous blue can for the same applications. Shame Amazon lets deadbeats game the system.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by Mr_Joe
They have some kind of deal now, $40 off one time renewal or extension of ‘Prime' membership. I have to check details myself.

The OP didnt say he has prime, just saying this in case anyone is confusing the OP being able to keep his return had nothing to do with Prime, as we do not have Prime and have had the same experiences, more then once.

Amazon in many cases doesn't require returning a return item. They calculate the cost of returning and decide if they want it back or not.
I suspect if you abuse this at some point they will want it back. But whatever... *L*
It is kind of neat when it happens.

Amazon has algorithms that "rate" and ratio customers based on several metrics like how many services do you subscribe to or how frequent do you make purchases relative to returns etc. etc.. "good" customers get perks, "bad" one's get cut off..there was a guy in the news a couple years back it happened to. Plus, Amazon just writes off the "loss" on it's taxes..so it's not exactly like Amazon's being totally magnanimous. It's a win win so to speak..

Last edited:
I remember a BITOG member bought $20 of clearance oil at AAP.....
then he returned it at Walmart for $120 store credit.

Some people do game the system.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Mr_Joe
They have some kind of deal now, $40 off one time renewal or extension of ‘Prime' membership. I have to check details myself.

The OP didnt say he has prime, just saying this in case anyone is confusing the OP being able to keep his return had nothing to do with Prime, as we do not have Prime and have had the same experiences, more then once.

Amazon in many cases doesn't require returning a return item. They calculate the cost of returning and decide if they want it back or not.
I suspect if you abuse this at some point they will want it back. But whatever... *L*
It is kind of neat when it happens.

Amazon has algorithms that "rate" and ratio customers based on several metrics like how many services do you subscribe to or how frequent do you make purchases relative to returns etc. etc.. "good" customers get perks, "bad" one's get cut off..there was a guy in the news a couple years back it happened to. Plus, Amazon just writes off the "loss" on it's taxes..so it's not exactly like Amazon's being totally magnanimous. It's a win win so to speak..

The only possible thing Amazon might rate is how many returns you make, then again, my wife is the return queen so I doubt even that.
We dont subscribe or use anything that relates to Amazon or its services. Its the root of all evil as far as I am concerned. So of course I cant agree with the algorithms statement you make.
The only, only thing that matters to Amazon is cost and public perception, they dont want products returned if it is going to cost them money but, at the same time they need to balance that policy with letting the public think it very rare that they let you keep the product.

anyway.... :eek:)
The only, only thing that decides where I spend my hard earned money is price, simple as that, price, price, price.
DO you think for a second these huge companies are any different? Of course, not. Its why Amazon free shipping takes a week! Walmart is TWO DAYS!
Amazon 1 week, Walmart 2 days!

Yeah, yeah, I know, we are going to have those people who pay Amazon $100 a year for Prime say they get free next day shipping, like hello? You pay Amazon $100 and call it free*L* Boy they know how to get in your head.

Price rules, everything else can take a hike. no one owns me and I am loyal to no company that I give my business too, though, to some degree, believe it or not, I have become bit loyal to Walmart online because I am not held hostage like some dope to pay a company like Amazon $100 or more a year to have the stuff I buy form them shipped faster, like, hello? Who is the customer?

So with that said, even with my statement above, more then once, Amazon did not require I return the item. Again, we order as little as possible from them, I use them anyway I can.

hey all, before your feathers get ruffled I am only having fun here and speaking the truth at the same time! :eek:)

BTW- Bought some security cameras last week, Walmart and Amazon same price, Walmart won my business, 2 day shipping no string attached, (Amazon 7 day shipping)

Anyway, Proud the OP "gamed the system" because Amazons system games the public including their pricing algorithms, which changes the prices of products by the minute to "game" the most profit, not give you the best price. But honestly, the OP didnt game anything, he wasn't happy or thought he was getting something else. If he was in a brick and mortar store he would have known it wasn't what he wanted and would not have bought it, but he was dealing online and that is the cost to online only stores, He would have gladly sent it back, but they told him to keep it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by Bettez88
I was hoping for the older blue style, but I got the new Chinese made black one.

Considering the picture on Amazon shows a black filter, I don't know why you were hoping it'd be the blue one. Seems to me you gamed the system.

Yeah...that's how I see it...

Last edited:

The only possible thing Amazon might rate is how many returns you make...

You obviously don't know how a website works.. because Amazon is the king of harvesting and leveraging data.

Everything you do on Amazon's site - EVERYTHING from clicks, to views, to the reviews you leave, to purchases to returns is tracked and used to tailor a UX unique to you. And if you don't think Amazon treat's their most loyal customers differently at times, you simply don't know how retailing (brick and mortar or e-commerce) works.

Last edited:
Sounds like you use Amazombie like I do … compare price and get it somewhere else … I don't like monopolies … but but but, hard to avoid big companies … so, realistically it's more about billionaires who don't buy certain news outlets

You obviously don't know how a website works.. because Amazon is the king of harvesting and leveraging data.

Everything you do on Amazon's site - EVERYTHING from clicks, to views, to the reviews you leave, to purchases to returns is tracked and used to tailor a UX unique to you. And if you don't think Amazon treat's their most loyal customers differently at times, you simply don't know how retailing (brick and mortar or e-commerce) works.

You obviously dont have any idea or meaning of, in what I posted and obviously mis read my entire post.

Its all ok though, we all at times misread peoples post and we all at times miswrote posts so everyone gets the same meaning out of the post.
For goodness sakes, if ANYONE on planet earth doesn't understand the scope of harvesting and leveraging data in the USA, used against you, well, we already know most Americans care not too.
Obviously you dont know me or read all my privacy and security posts.
For goodness sakes, one of the richest men in the world is telling Americans how much they are spied on, people just dont care, until one day, then they will start whining...

Here you go, for the others, and just for you, so you know about me, because this guy is 100% right but people do not listen to him - Tim Cook, except in Europe, imagine that, Europe listens to the American and APPLE CEO but the USA ignores him.
I dare anyone to actually watch it, for gods sake man, people buy stuff online now and they dont realize why they bought it ...
Anyway, getting off subject, so will let this be, BUT back to the OP, I say GAME THE SYSTEM because we all are GAMED every minute the online retailers can.

Go ahead and watch the entire speech ... the CEO of the most successful American Technology Company in the world is telling you that you are spied on, that they can make you buy things that you dont know why you do, that they can make you hate others, that they can make you vote one way and not know why... but you dont listen.

Tim Cooks Privacy Speach - 2019

________

Last edited:

Everything you do on Amazon's site - EVERYTHING from clicks, to views, to the reviews you
that they can make you buy things that you dont know why you do, that they can make you hate others, that they can make you vote one way and not know why... but you dont listen.

________

I agree with you, after all Amazon owns the backbone to the net and the server farms.
They contract out to the government and make money on their infrastructure and don't make a penny on sales.

Early on I enjoyed the freedom of person to person auctions and the selection and did a lot of sales and purchases
but as the individual got hidden under a mountain of foreign trash and large interests like amazon I lost all interest in online purchases.

I only buy things online when there is no other option and usually have to cancel my card afterwards due to fraud.

The manipulation you speak of is real and blatant on every page
but for me it has only worked to turn me off,
I have moved my purchases back to local individually owned brick and mortar

So I do not agree that all people do things mindlessly,
For many the blatant nature of the net has made them recoil and get back to basics, I rarely agree fully with any political party and find the bandwagon silly

It clear though when someone drank the coolaid.
Getting work up over non-issues that never actually see a bill let alone are cared about by their legislators.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong or illegal with Amazon harvesting , collecting and selling your data / web browsing.

CIA uses AWS for their cloud.... So What ???

For the record: I've bought a few shares of Amazon over the past 10 years.

You obviously dont have any idea or meaning of, in what I posted and obviously mis read my entire post.

Its all ok though, we all at times misread peoples post and we all at times miswrote posts so everyone gets the same meaning out of the post.
For goodness sakes, if ANYONE on planet earth doesn't understand the scope of harvesting and leveraging data in the USA, used against you, well, we already know most Americans care not too.
For goodness sakes, one of the richest men in the world is telling Americans how much they are spied on, people just dont care, until one day, then they will start whining...

Here you go, for the others, and just for you, so you know about me, because this guy is 100% right but people do not listen to him - Tim Cook, except in Europe, imagine that, Europe listens to the American and APPLE CEO but the USA ignores him.
I dare anyone to actually watch it, for gods sake man, people buy stuff online now and they dont realize why they bought it ...
Anyway, getting off subject, so will let this be, BUT back to the OP, I say GAME THE SYSTEM because we all are GAMED every minute the online retailers can.

Go ahead and watch the entire speech ... the CEO of the most successful American Technology Company in the world is telling you that you are spied on, that they can make you buy things that you dont know why you do, that they can make you hate others, that they can make you vote one way and not know why... but you dont listen.

________

No, I read your post (diatribe) but honestly, it's all over the place filled with contradictions and tinfoil hat ramblings. For example, in one sentence you seem to chastise those that are "loyal" to a company and then go on to say that you're "loyal" to no company but in the following sentence you, comically, appear to contradict yourself by conceding that you're "a little loyal" to Wally's..so is this like being a little bit pregnant, no?...‚

You say that, and I quote, "the only thing Amazon might rate is how many returns you make" but then you concede that Amazon harvests and leverages data...so I ask, what do you think Amazon's doing with all that data they're collecting on you? Do you think it's just some hobby of Amazon's to collect data?...‚...‚

You then lament the fact that Amazon's "free shipping takes a week"..not for me it doesn't. Rarely does Amazon take more than couple days to get me something, often times it's the next day in fact. But you do admit that you're not a paying Prime customer, so why should you expect faster shipping if you're not going to to pay for that perk like I do? Put simply, you want faster shipping.. you just don't want to pay for it. Sorry that's just not how Amazon works, you get what you pay for..in your case you get slower shipping because you don't pay for the Prime service. This doesn't make Amazon "evil", it just highlights that you're stinginess comes at a cost.

(and while Wally's offers 2dy shipping, you have to order a min of $35..as a Prime customer I can order a $5 item and just a $5 item and have it in my hands the next day. So in that sense I don't see Wally's shipping program all that advantageous to Amazon's, if I'm having to buy a bunch of stuff just to get 2dy shipping..ya feel me?)

You want to veer off topic and take the conversation into a privacy/big govt/big company conversation... you go right ahead with that but I'm not going to follow you down that rabbit hole. I'm going to stay on topic. I stated that Amazon treat's customers differently and they do. Now maybe my use of "rated' isn't the right term to describe what they do, but it doesn't change what they do and that is treat customers differently based on key metrics.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rmay635703

Everything you do on Amazon's site - EVERYTHING from clicks, to views, to the reviews you
that they can make you buy things that you dont know why you do, that they can make you hate others, that they can make you vote one way and not know why... but you dont listen.

________

I agree with you, after all Amazon owns the backbone to the net and the server farms.
They contract out to the government and make money on their infrastructure and don't make a penny on sales.

Early on I enjoyed the freedom of person to person auctions and the selection and did a lot of sales and purchases
but as the individual got hidden under a mountain of foreign trash and large interests like amazon I lost all interest in online purchases.

I only buy things online when there is no other option and usually have to cancel my card afterwards due to fraud.

The manipulation you speak of is real and blatant on every page
but for me it has only worked to turn me off,
I have moved my purchases back to local individually owned brick and mortar

So I do not agree that all people do things mindlessly,
For many the blatant nature of the net has made them recoil and get back to basics, I rarely agree fully with any political party and find the bandwagon silly

It clear though when someone drank the coolaid.
Getting work up over non-issues that never actually see a bill let alone are cared about by their legislators.

I agree, I used a poor choice of words in "all people do things ..."

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Nothing wrong or illegal with Amazon harvesting , collecting and selling your data / web browsing.

CIA uses AWS for their cloud.... So What ???

For the record: I've bought a few shares of Amazon over the past 10 years.

So what??/
I agree if it doesn't matter to you, I have no problem with that.
DO you have a problem with me, if it matters to me? I limit the selling of my information and that of my family for profit.
Its all good.

Its obivous Amazon, like a lot of companies were/are a good investment. Tons of solid well run companies out there.
Right now, the largest parts of Amazons profits are from its cloud computing platform and growth, not retail sales.

Its all good, many solid companies out there that pay dividends too, for as long as a half to full century.
For me, right now, I think Amazon heyday MIGHT be over, or better said, some danger in a stock selling at such a premium, as we know, if they disappoint, well.
Right now their online sales market share is stalled but again, most of their growth/profit is in cloud computing for them.

I THINK, Walmart is a direct threat. Walmart with roughly a 4 to 5% share in the online sales compared to Amazon 49% gives Walmart huge upside potential.
Time will tell, I am invested in Walmart, as of end of March 2019, so far the stock is up 20% plus of course the slightly less then 2% dividend.
Anyway, I think Walmart is onto another upward spiral of growth. BTW - its earnings come out in 4 more days but again, to me, its about long term, not every 3 months.

A little history = I just wish, I knew better back in the early 70's, long term investing. Richest man in the world, started off will literally a few dollars to invest and over his lifetime bought only quality stocks.
Walmart, If I bought $5000 worth back in the early 1970s today I would have over 660,000 shares worth 75 million and an annual dividend of 1.5 million a year. (these are all off the top of my head rounded numbers)

But like anything, always a would have, should have, I honestly think, Walmart is going to grab market share from Amazon. We will see.

Last edited:

________

No, I read your post (diatribe) but honestly, it's all over the place filled with contradictions and tinfoil hat ramblings. For example, in one sentence you seem to chastise those that are "loyal" to a company and then go on to say that you're "loyal" to no company but in the following sentence you, comically, appear to contradict yourself by conceding that you're "a little loyal" to Wally's..so is this like being a little bit pregnant, no?...‚

You say that, and I quote, "the only thing Amazon might rate is how many returns you make" but then you concede that Amazon harvests and leverages data...so I ask, what do you think Amazon's doing with all that data they're collecting on you? Do you think it's just some hobby of Amazon's to collect data?...‚...‚

You then lament the fact that Amazon's "free shipping takes a week"..not for me it doesn't. Rarely does Amazon take more than couple days to get me something, often times it's the next day in fact. But you do admit that you're not a paying Prime customer, so why should you expect faster shipping if you're not going to to pay for that perk like I do? Put simply, you want faster shipping.. you just don't want to pay for it. Sorry that's just not how Amazon works, you get what you pay for..in your case you get slower shipping because you don't pay for the Prime service. This doesn't make Amazon "evil", it just highlights that you're stinginess comes at a cost.

(and while Wally's offers 2dy shipping, you have to order a min of $35..as a Prime customer I can order a $5 item and just a $5 item and have it in my hands the next day. So in that sense I don't see Wally's shipping program all that advantageous to Amazon's, if I'm having to buy a bunch of stuff just to get 2dy shipping..ya feel me?)

You want to veer off topic and take the conversation into a privacy/big govt/big company conversation... you go right ahead with that but I'm not going to follow you down that rabbit hole. I'm going to stay on topic. I stated that Amazon treat's customers differently and they do. Now maybe my use of "rated' isn't the right term to describe what they do, but it doesn't change what they do and that is treat customers differently based on key metrics.

Pointless trying to carry on a conversation with you or was you say "diatribe", we come from different worlds and our conversation makes no sense to each other yet, anyone reading the posts might figure it out.
Not worth my time. Facts area all there and in your face. Be a non prime customer where you dont pay $100 for "free shipping" that cost a $100 a year *LOL*

SO check your facts before you say "You then lament the fact that Amazon's "free shipping takes a week"..not for me it doesn't. "
Amazon tells you and right on the order that you place gives you an estimate arrival date of 7 days or more. Why do they do this? Mind games with people to try to get them to click for a few more dollars for faster shipping. Wally World doesn't play these games but your conditioned to play them.
Me? Price wins and free shipping wins. I use all the websites to my advantage as they use people to theirs..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
I think to order online with store pickup is handy too …

Yes and its GREAT if you need to return something, just bring it to the store and they take care of the rest. So care free and I think this is what going to propel some shoppers to Walmart.

I just literally ordered security camera equipment, will be delivered here by Wed, I can order all I want which I wanted an extra camera (in case) and if I dont need it, I can return it to my Walmart 3.5 miles away.
Honestly, again, price rules and man this is darn more convenient then any other place I order from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back