Purple Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys tried using Purple Power Degreaser or the Purple Power Boat and Vehicle Wash using it to clean clear coated wheels with success? I watched on youtube a few detailer uses it with success. But I am skeptical about it.

Use it to clean oil on concrete only … seems too harsh for other things that soaps can deal with

Originally Posted by painfx
Have any of you guys tried using Purple Power Degreaser or the Purple Power Boat and Vehicle Wash using it to clean clear coated wheels with success? I watched on youtube a few detailer uses it with success. But I am skeptical about it.

i use is for a lot of stuff. clean wheels and engine. general purpose cleaner. just make sure to use the correct dilution ratio .

I have several gallons of it for various cleaning chores. I recall buying it on a closeout some years back cheap. It is very strong as others mentioned, so I dilute accordingly and don't use it to clean aluminum..

For Wheels/Tires - Ive tried Purple Power, SuperClean, and LA Totally awesome.. all required scrubbing with a stiff brush to get totally clean. Totally awesome was probably the strongest.

I had almost the same results using laundry detergent and Dawn.

I also tried Bleach White.. also required heavy scrubbing.

I will probably use Dawn moving forward.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Totally awesome was probably the strongest.

I agree very strong stuff and they recommend diluting down for just about every purpose. The dilution ratios are on the bottle for different tasks. They do sell a dedicated degreaser which works great for engine bay cleaning. Nice scent and a few ounces can be used in a car wash solution per the bottle which I haven't tried yet. But will prob give it a whirl. Only .99/bottle which is a great deal. After I wet the car with water will prob spray it on the car as a pre-wash to get all the gunk off in the spring.

My neighbor Fred, who bought a really nice 2 year old Cabin Cruiser, is changing back to Tide Liquid.

[align:center][/align]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by justintendo
purple power makes a car wash ive only been able to find at napa...its my favorite car soap!

Buy at Walmart

I was watching on youtube, scott from dallas paint correction and wilson auto detailing they use them. After doing some reading it seems like it is not safe. Then why are they using it to clean their customers' vehicles.

I've used Purple Power, Simple Green HD, Krud Kutter, and others, Krud Kutter was the strongest and least dilutable. Do a search for all purpose cleaners on here.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
For wheels that are clear coated I use a mild dish wash soap.

No need for something so strong like PP or Castrol degreaser.

What is your dilution ratio?

I just found out about using DAWN diswash soap. But it is too late.

I had some and threw it away mad. It pitted and damaged threads of some aluminum parts under the hood. That's my fault for not reading instructions. Back to regular gumout engine cleaner and Dawn Platinum dish soap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back