Whisky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't drink the stuff but have a nearly full bottle of Johnnie Walker Red in the cupboard that was opened at least 10 years ago and probably more like 20 years ago. Does it get better with age? Can it be used in cooking?

[Linked Image]

The Ardbeg Corryvreckan is my latest purchase, the Balvenie is my current favorite dram, and Lagavulin 16 always has a place on my shelf; It's the only one that gets replaced every time.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Don't drink the stuff but have a nearly full bottle of Johnnie Walker Red in the cupboard that was opened at least 10 years ago and probably more like 20 years ago. Does it get better with age? Can it be used in cooking?

only if kept in barrel and then there's limitations.

+1 on Buffalo... when available. when reasonable we're paying $60 a half gal. now so switched to J.Beam Black $37 1/2 gal.

don't smoke but use a cigarette analogy..the Camel guy gags on a Lucky Strike, Lucky Strike guy gags on a Winston..like chasing your tail, same with good whisky..subjective and I really believe you'll condition yourself to a brands attributes.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Time to give this thread a bump, I suppose.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
I prefer bourbon...Evan Williams 1783 or Buffalo Trace on the rocks.

For bourbon, I normally stick to Maker's Mark, but I decided to get BT this time around. Looking forward to trying it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have a friend in Mississippi that is a S&W armorer. In trade for a bottle of Buffalo Trace he bead blasted and went totally thru one of my 5906's. I had never heard of BT until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back