Mototeknika air intake hoses made in China???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace two air intake hoses on the M35. One is from the air filter box to the center intake tube. The other is from the intake tube to the engine. Nissan/Infiniti only sells the entire three piece unit as OEM at a best available internet price of about $211. I found the pair of hoses made in China by Mototeknika guaranteed to fit for $109. Is it worth spending the extra $100 for the Nissan branded part if I plan to keep the car another 3-4 years?

The cheaper hoses will be just fine
smile.gif

I might be more inclined to pay the extra for OEM with hoses that something liquid is going through (fuel, oil, coolant, etc), but air hoses seem less critical

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
The cheaper hoses will be just fine
smile.gif

I might be more inclined to pay the extra for OEM with hoses that something liquid is going through (fuel, oil, coolant, etc), but air hoses seem less critical

I agree. It's just an air hose on a 12 year old car.

I might check out Spectre Performance and see what one of their intake systems would cost before paying $211 for a couple hoses.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
I might check out Spectre Performance and see what one of their intake systems would cost before paying $211 for a couple hoses.

Thanks, but Spectre shows no products available for my model.

Final result: instead of the entire Nissan OEM air intake tube and two hoses for $211 on eBay, I went cheap and paid $109 for just the two hoses made by Mototeknika actually in India, not China. The lower quality of the hoses was obvious, but they installed OK. Conclusion: as usual, you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back