Crypto Currency ETF's: Safer Way to Invest in Bitcoin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayscale Bitcoin ETF. Currently closed, but what say ye bitog investors on this concept, i.e. crypto currency market speculation via Exchange Traded Fund products?

Bitcoin and safe investment really don't belong in the same sentence. How can an electronic currency based on nothing be anything but extremely unstable?

Well, what are gov't issued monies based on, national economic indicators manipulated by a Central Bank?

Seems a lot safer way to gamble on crypto than an electronic wallet.

Stay away is my advice. There was a lot of talk several years ago and if you bought very early you may have made a pretty penny, but after that you would have lost your shirt.
It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Originally Posted by Davejam
Stay away is my advice. There was a lot of talk several years ago and if you bought very early you may have made a pretty penny, but after that you would have lost your shirt.

I actually specifically remember in January of 2013, 1 bitcoin was around $13. I almost bought some but thought the whole concept was too sketchy. Later that same year in mid to late October, it had peaked at around $1100 for 1 bitcoin. It was because the Chinese Communist Party had relaxed restrictions in china on trading bitcoin or some similar such move, and it created a lot of instant demand and liquidity.

Yeah, what in gods name would possess me to get involved in bitcoin? I'll take my cash thank you

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yeah, what in gods name would possess me to get involved in bitcoin? I'll take my cash thank you

Yep. These crypto currencies can be very volatile. All will be fine and good as long as people trade them until one day they don't. A currency needs the backing of a sound government and the full faith of the people. If a war broke out would you want your life savings in Libra for example? ♎ï¸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back