Shuddering during acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm driving a 2012 Honda Accord SE that shudders during acceleration. The acceleration is smooth until I get to 20 mph and then it has a light shuddering until I hit 30 mph. That is the only time it occurs. It had been going on for a few months and I recently though that when it was time to replace my tires it would be taken care of. Nope, still happens after new tires were installed by Discount Tires. Would appreciate your suggestions on what to do.

I am guessing it is a V6? I would do 3 drain and fills on the transmission with DW-1 (Honda OEM) fluid. Hopefully that will clear it up.

Check to see if there is a Honda service bulletin for your car. There was one on my 2013 Accord involving replacing the CVT valve and reprogramming the ECU. Does your OM recommend CVT fluid changes every 30K miles?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Check to see if there is a Honda service bulletin for your car. There was one on my 2013 Accord involving replacing the CVT valve and reprogramming the ECU. Does your OM recommend CVT fluid changes every 30K miles?

The 2012 Accord doesn't have a CVT. That didn't come until 2013 with the next generation
smile.gif

Either way, transmission fluid changes are suggested by the MM

Misfires can show up as shuddering as well. If you can scan for them or change plugs/ coils.

I would be looking at misfire (plugs or coils) and a transmission fluid service using Honda fluid or Valvoline MaxLife.

Originally Posted by double vanos
Maybe lube guard would help. How many miles?

+1 on Lubegard Red or Lubegard's Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx

Originally Posted by gregk24
I am guessing it is a V6? I would do 3 drain and fills on the transmission with DW-1 (Honda OEM) fluid. Hopefully that will clear it up.

or more!

No more shudder for me after Sea Foam Trans Tune with multiple drain and fills before (due to dirty ATF fluid) and during treatment spaced apart:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...onda-5-speed-automatic-trans#Post5252440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back