Moen vs Delta Faucets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently shopping for a new kitchen faucet and shower faucet (mainly due to a valve replacement).

How do these two brands compare to each other? It seems like a Toyota vs. Honda type debate, but I am curious if there are any significant differences in quality or performance. Pricing and warranty are very comparable.

These are the items that we are considering:

Shower valve trim: https://www.moen.com/products/Align/Align_Brushed_nickel_MoentrolR_valve_trim/T3291BN

Corresponding Shower valve:
https://www.moen.com/products/MPact...s_pressure_balancing_volume_control/3520

Kitchen Faucet:
https://www.moen.com/products/STo/S...h_arc_pulldown_kitchen_faucet/S72308ESRS

Thanks

No, as long as you stay from 79.99 faucets off eBay you are fine. I know from personal experience, honestly once you get into these 2 territories and price range you are fine. Comes down to looks and preference at this point.

We had a Moen kitchen faucet , which broke every 2-3 years. It was a variety of different broken parts. Some of the metal washers and nuts actually rusted out. I would have expected brass or stainless but Moen was too cheap. Moen covered it under their lifetime warranty. We replaced it with a Grohe faucet (USA made) which works a lot better.

We have Delta in the bathrooms and they seem to be pretty reliable so far. The older ones had replaceable parts, the new ones are all plastic but have a longer life. You just have to toss them when they break. But overall, most happy with Grohe.

I installed a middle of the road Delta about 6 months ago. I swear it helped my marriage. Both my Wife and I love it. Best Kitchen faucet I have ever had.

I have Moen taps in the bathroom used daily. For the 30 years I've owned them there has been zero problems and zero maintenance needed.

Moen is all I have in my home. I have lived in my current house 24 years and any time I have had a problem with Moen, they send me the parts for free.

Have had both and lived in multiple homes. Said I would never buy another Delta in 2002 when I had a 2 year old home that sprang a leak in the wall due to a failed shower diverter valve. Delta refused to honor their lifetime warranty and just told me on phone these don't go bad. I spent $80 back then to buy a new one that was redesigned due to a faulty issue the plumbing company told me. Since then my current home has Delta faucets throughout that were leaking 20 years old. I called Delta to see if they would do anything they wanted pictures and videos but sent me all new components and honored their lifetime warranty this time. Both companies have high end and low end products. I have a Moen kitchen faucet that is all metal and very nice. My parents had one that looked exactly like it but was all plastic and fell apart in about 2 years. Don't go bottom barrel low end in either one and you should be fine.

Got a Moen kitchen faucet about a month ago. The sensor type, just a wave of the hand for on and off. So far so good. No dripping hands messing up the back splash. Ran power under the sink to avoid battery issues. We'll see.

I've have Moen, Delta, Price Pfister, and Grohe, they've all sent parts for free, the latter is fairly new.

Interesting about the Delta problem.

Stay away from Moen. Every faucet in my house is Moen and every three to five years is cartridge or o-ring time.

Last edited:
I did some research and went with Moen for our kitchen faucet. We love it, it feels of very high quality. I also recently replaced our master bath sink faucet with a Grohe and we have been very pleased with that as well.

When shopping for the kitchen faucet, Delta had more plastic parts for more money than Moen. I wasn't impressed.

My company has removed several poorly functioning relatively new Delta faucets in recent years. Replaced them with Moen and customers are impressed.

It appears you are looking at the decent stuff not on the shelf at Lowe's and Home Depot. Both brands are excellent in the non box store shelf models.

I have both in upper end and they both worked well. The minor drip fix was dead simple to fix because OEM parts exist.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Moen hands down.

My kitchen was remodeled last year. Replaced the original Moen faucet with another Moen. My house was built in 1970.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Stay away from Moen. Every faucet in my house is Moen and every three to five years is cartridge or o-ring time.

I agree - my last home was Moen at all faucets and I was always replacing them.

I went with Moen when we remodeled the kitchen and bathrooms. The Moen kitchen faucet also came with a built in extended hose built inside it. Best thing EVER!!! Had it for 3 years now and not a drop after shut off. They are also very easy to remove the aerator from time to time to clean out the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back