Thanks amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the fun of it I ordered a denso 150-2010 oil filter off amazon for my John Deere. I was hoping for the older blue style, but I got the new Chinese made black one. I said the filter wasn't what I was expecting so they refunded me the cost and didn't want the filter back. Thanks for the free filter amazon

DEFF4A46-4FE0-4D6F-BC72-618EF4827E5E.jpeg

D3DA703C-CE61-4287-A0D0-1B52D681BE23.jpeg

They have some kind of deal now, $40 off one time renewal or extension of ‘Prime' membership. I have to check details myself.

Originally Posted by Mr_Joe
They have some kind of deal now, $40 off one time renewal or extension of ‘Prime' membership. I have to check details myself.

The OP didnt say he has prime, just saying this in case anyone is confusing the OP being able to keep his return had nothing to do with Prime, as we do not have Prime and have had the same experiences, more then once.

Amazon in many cases doesn't require returning a return item. They calculate the cost of returning and decide if they want it back or not.
I suspect if you abuse this at some point they will want it back. But whatever... *L*
It is kind of neat when it happens.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bettez88
I was hoping for the older blue style, but I got the new Chinese made black one.

Considering the picture on Amazon shows a black filter, I don't know why you were hoping it'd be the blue one. Seems to me you gamed the system.

Originally Posted by RamFan
I was hoping for the older blue style, but I got the new Chinese made black one.

Considering the picture on Amazon shows a black filter, I don't know why you were hoping it'd be the blue one. Seems to me you gamed the system.

Maybe, but other filter brands show a different photo than the actual product received.

Originally Posted by JC1
Are you going to run that filter?

yes...on my john deere i doubt it matters

Originally Posted by RamFan

Maybe, but other filter brands show a different photo than the actual product received.

So getting exactly what was pictured (and described) is cause for rejection? There's something wrong with that line of thought.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
So getting exactly what was pictured (and described) is cause for rejection? There's something wrong with that line of thought.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only one on that train of thought. Now the rest of us have to pay higher prices for stuff on Amazon because someone got exactly what was offered but had hoped they would receive something different.

Whatever next? This user is beginning to sound like another one who used to frequent the board.

Why the heck not use them. Run a shorter OCI if you're concerned with it.

In terms of amazon giving a refund and you get to the keep the merchandise? I've heard of that a bunch of times now. Somehow they still churn a profit.
crazy.gif

Amazon just does the math. On a small item, the cost of the return, processing, and selling the returned item, usually at a deep discount, often exceeds the cost of the item. So they let you keep it, and actually save a buck or two.

The " not what I expected ... " when the picture shows the correct filter, is a lame excuse for returning it though ...

Karma is coming ... this will be the filter that fails and takes out the OP's engine .

Originally Posted by geeman789
The " not what I expected ... " when the picture shows the correct filter, is a lame excuse for returning it though ...

Yep, clearly scamming the system.

They haven't made the blue ones for years, you're lucky to get the new one. Amazon doesn't care about small money. Just to respond to you probably costs them $20. So they end it.

Think of me what you will, but I'm new to the whole oil filter obsession. I wasn't intentionally scamming Amazon, I had every intention of sending the filter back, was just surprised they didn't want it back

Amazon typically won't pay for return shipping if you simply "don't like" the product - that applies for Prime members too. It has to be damagrd or defective, then Amazon will pay for the return and give credit back, or send a replacement of the same item.

Still trying to figure out why theres an issue with a Chinese Denso? It's not like it took jobs from the USA, it took jobs from Japan? Are you worried about quality? Because I've purchased many things from all countries, USA included, thay were really good quality, I've also purchased things from all countries that were really bad quality, USA included too.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Denso wouldnt put its name on something of inferior quality, regardless of COO. I'm sure if you took a Japanese filter and a chinese filter and compared the internals, youd have almost the exact filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back