The BITOG Oil Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I just bought a new $85,000 Porsche. I went to the store to buy Mobil 1 @ $23 per 5qt jug, but it was too expensive. Should I run Dollar General 0w40 instead? Thanks

It would be cheaper to just take the 30wt oil from your lawn mower and run it through a Fram filter to clean it up enough for reuse. If your mower doesn't go through enough oil, they have a big vat of the stuff used at Autozone, take a 5 gallon bucket and get some of that when they aren't looking (pretend that your 5 gallon bucket is really heavy so they think you're making a deposit instead of withdrawal).

Last edited:
That's what I'm going to run in my C-8. $1,400/month payments plus another $1,250 for the 2018 3500 High Country leaves me no choice.

The problem with the OP is the alternative oil is the correct grade. For a more accurate representation he should have said DG 5w-30 instead because it was on clearance
lol.gif

I heard Dollar General is really "Mobil 2" oil. I would steer clear. Also watch out for Mobil 1 at Walmart. It has a different formula then other stores. My uncle's cousins dad told me it's basestocks are not good enough for 3rd world countries so they sell them at Walmart.

Watch out for the Fram's that rust on the cardboard ends.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
rust on the cardboard ends.

That is impossible.Cardboard only oxidizes from the center out.

You forgot to say "I just bought a new $85,000 Porsche and I have no idea what oil to use."

Your focus on grade is appropriate however
wink.gif

"just bought a new $85,000 Porsche"... and don't know how to read the Owner's Manual or google either.
To be fair, people write in thinking there is some inside info or 'specially-good brew out there. That is almost true. Example: some say ya gotta run the mPAO in Driven Racing's 5w40 in Porsche, anything else is settling for less.

Originally Posted by buster
Guys I just bought a new $85,000 Porsche. I went to the store to buy Mobil 1 @ $23 per 5qt jug, but it was too expensive. Should I run Dollar General 0w40 instead? Thanks

lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Shouldn't this be in the joke section?

Originally Posted by JLTD

lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

It should, yes. But to some it's a real dilemma.

lol.gif

C'mon Buster it's not April Fools Day yet
grin2.gif

You need 2 people to tell you that you should have purchased a Ferrari. One more to tout the benefits of Maserati over Porsche or Ferrari. At least 3 to tell you all the ways that Toyota is superior to Porsche even though Toyota is boring. 5 more will scold you for making payments, and one to tell you how much faster his Honda is after he put Porsche badges on it.

Originally Posted by JLTD

lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
fish on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back