2019 Chevy Volt getting discounted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the discontinued Volt is getting very well discounted. 20% off on chevy.com this month. Some dealers showing 12k or more off. Anyone thinking of snagging one of these before they are gone forever? One of my relatives is seriously thinking about it.

its about a month late. I would have considered it before buying the 2020 elantra.

Its a GREAT CAR !!! I sold the current 2nd gen volts new when I lived in SF bay area few years ago and folks their AWESOME cars !! Some kinks at first mostly the charging systems from 3rd party sellers. But all in all GREAT cars !!

Never had a complaint and 1st gen volt owners traded in for these like crazy when the new ones came out.

Oh ya their INSANE fast !!! I was speechless when I went full throttle on the 101 freeway lol

Dave

I considered buying a used one , a few years ago . ( New ones were too much $$$ for me to stand . )

But they died not have enough more interior room than what we were driving .

Only 53 miles between charges then it has to switch to the gasoline motor? No wonder it's being discontinued, the competition killed it.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Only 53 miles between charges then it has to switch to the gasoline motor? No wonder it's being discontinued, the competition killed it.

Yet the Prime with a 25 mile range is doing great

On a serious note it doesn't help that the 1st year title+registration on a car like these here is $555+ sales tax versus my last normal car being $125 for the same.

These cars are taxed out of existence

2B4D4216-4224-4DDA-8F66-FFDF597E731E.jpeg

Last edited:

I believe the Volt had the highest range of the plug ins. Because of high sales numbers the Bolt and Volt now get much less Federal rebate, $1875 I think it is now. The discounted ones are the last of the Volts for now.

Originally Posted by MCompact
It's a great deal. I'd probably pick one up if it was RWD.

I guess the closest thing to that would be the BMW i8. Going for very attractive used prices compared to original MSRP.

I leased an i3 for next to nothing. I may buy a used one if something were to happen to the Clubman. I've driven a few i8s and they are a lot of fun as well.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

Yet the Prime with a 25 mile range is doing great

Drove my son-in-law's 2018 Volt. I own a 2017 Prius Prime. The Volt was superior, in every respect compared, to the Prius Prime; except fuel mileage after the battery was depleted. The Prius Prime sales are OK because of the Toyota reputation for reliability.

I would have bought the Volt before the Prius Prime but the price was significantly higher in 2017.

[/quote]

Drove my son-in-law's 2018 Volt. I own a 2017 Prius Prime. The Volt was superior, in every respect compared, to the Prius Prime; except fuel mileage after the battery was depleted. The Prius Prime sales are OK because of the Toyota reputation for reliability.

I would have bought the Volt before the Prius Prime but the price was significantly higher in 2017. [/quote]

Appreciate the honesty … if I'm ever forced to work M-F … gonna look at an EV … right now I'm sticking with B772 getting to work and back …

Originally Posted by dareo

I guess the closest thing to that would be the BMW i8. Going for very attractive used prices compared to original MSRP.

A friend has an i8. Gerogeous, simply gorgeous.
Aluminum 3 cylinder engine powers the rear wheels and electric in front.
Powerful engine sound plays through the radio, which I think is ridiculous.
Awesome car but I hear their value drops like a rock.
I think her's, the roadster model, was like $160K.

Spent some time at a chevy dealer today. My relative pulled the trigger on a well equipped 2019 Volt LT for 12k off sticker. After they do taxes and get the 1850 credit the total discount percentage will beat my regal tourx deal! Thats nuts. Pretty nice upgrade for someone who is a Volt driver since 2011.

That's exactly what most people want. Commute on electric, make long trips on gas.

I was actually driving behind a Volt the other day. First one I've ever seen up here.

Originally Posted by emg

That's exactly what most people want. Commute on electric, make long trips on gas.

If I didn't need a track rat I would buy a CPO 330e to replace the 2 Series and Clubman. It only has a 14 mile range in full electric mode, but then I only have a 12 mile commute one way. A friend's wife drives a 330e with a similar commute and she averages 75 mpg. It's also pretty quick for a PHEV- 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.

Originally Posted by ems1

I would have bought the Volt before the Prius Prime but the price was significantly higher in 2017.

In 2014 When I bought my brand new 2013 Volt
things were the opposite
$17,500 tax title license for a loaded 2013,
PIPS on the other hand were 1000 miles away and thereabouts $32,000 and they were a joke with 10 EV miles.

Ah well, Toyota is very slowly offering plug ins, too bad they waste time on fool cells and don't get a real car offered in that segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back