Some people are thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The few times I have ran into this I leave the box opened on the shelf.

I also know of a instance where used underwear was found in a package of new ones. These varmints will do anything to get a free ride.

We have a member here who has told us about getting away with stealing from a big box store. As if he'd receive a pat on the back for stealing...

Thieves are lowlife scum.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Thieves are lowlife scum.

Agree! Thieves are the LOWEST lowlife scum!

Plenty of guys in suits and ties (in the public and the private sector) that steal a whole lot more than a $4 oil filter at the public's expense.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Burn them at the steak!
shocked2.gif

Was it medium or medium rare? I've never had steak cooked on a stake.
grin2.gif

You've never had shish kebab?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Powerglide
Plenty of guys in suits and ties (in the public and the private sector) that steal a whole lot more than a $4 oil filter at the public's expense.

It still doesn't make it right.

I haven't bought an oil filter from an auto parts store in many years. All of my Amazon and Rock Auto parts are exactly what I ordered, and 99% of the time arrive in new condition. But generally yes, people suck, and suck more with every passing year, and I just wonder what is going to happen next in our society.
On a positive note, I got a kick out of the story about the shoe store ... guy put his old shoes in the new box and walked out wearing new shoes LOL.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
I agree the reason why shoplifting continues to be an epidemic in the USA is because we don't do anything to actually deter it.
I say if caught the FIRST time and over 18 you do at least 6 months in jail, if caught a second time you do 3 years, and if again you get 15 years with no parole.
That being said I tend to agree with corporal punishment offered up in other countries where they cane you.

Same thing with distracted driving, which actually kills thousands of innocent people every year.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Our local farm store has photos of shoplifters from their security cameras at the checkout lanes.

That there is 100% awesome. Should put these photos on the front windows too.

Originally Posted by Powerglide

They are lowlife scum too.

Stealing is wrong. It's always wrong. Regardless of how some thief might delude themselves into thinking it's somehow justifiable.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Nothing but bottom feeders. I always open the box for a look.

Just picked up a couple filters off the Walmart shelf … the Fram was taped shut in the interest of security … so I'm not going to cut that tape. Grabbed an M1 … instantly noticed how much heavier it was (good sign) and the box was not sealed. The ADBV looked concentric … it was a real M1 so I bought that one …

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
A clerk worth more than $7.50 an hour would be checking those filters at checkout.

no they wouldnt. I was making 11$/hr as an employee at a store after high school, sold many purolators im sure that had a Bosch D+ or K&N in them, never checked. people would bring the clear D+ boxes up and it would either have a white purolator classic, or a mustard yellow pure one in it.

some people dont like when you mess with their stuff theyre about to buy, just like they dont like when you talk about the stuff they buy, as they feel you are judging them.
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
A clerk worth more than $7.50 an hour would be checking those filters at checkout.

no they wouldnt. I was making 11$/hr as an employee at a store after high school, sold many purolators im sure that had a Bosch D+ or K&N in them, never checked. people would bring the clear D+ boxes up and it would either have a white purolator classic, or a mustard yellow pure one in it.

some people dont like when you mess with their stuff theyre about to buy, just like they dont like when you talk about the stuff they buy, as they feel you are judging them.
21.gif

Doesn't matter it isn't their until you put the sales receipt in their bag!

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

21.gif

Doesn't matter it isn't their until you put the sales receipt in their bag!

"Gee, I hope the kids at the checkout counter will be rifling through all these items I wish to purchase, opening up the boxes and looking inside for me."

- said no one; ever.

If thieves knew the checkout person would check the filter box then they'd stop trying to swap filters.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
If thieves knew the checkout person would check the filter box then they'd stop trying to swap filters.

If they just sold filters sealed like what comes in a masterpack, we wouldnt have an issue to begin with, we would save cardboard, and we wouldnt have to question cashiers checking.

Same with oil, if every oil came in a tamper proof box ala Havoline or came sealed like Valvoline, we wouldnt have issues with people returning used oil.

Anyway, I find it creepy when a cashier talks about or inspects my groceries or items. Theres a guy at HEB here who insists on touching each and every egg in a carton you buy just to me sure, checks the seals on every bottle or jar you buy, and its plain annoying.
spankme2.gif

The checkout person likely would be dumb enough to take a three dollar bill.

This and most of the time my guess is these people use the self checkout lanes. Just another reason to stop trying to replace people. Nickel smart and dollar dumb as they say.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
Y'all think your stores have it bad? They are stealing the filter boxes and leaving the filters around here!!

[Linked Image]

Those are ACC filters for the shop. They never came in a box. That Walmart either ordered too many or doesn't have an ACC. ( Auto Care Center).

Something to be said for quality packages … been years since I used Yamalube … Not only did the bottles have a snap cap and internal seal … but, it was the type you see on bleach bottles where you pick up the tab and pull it off.
Final touch right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back