Dedicated home improvement section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the "dedicated sports" thread, i must advocate for the home improvement section. I think the average Bitoger makes conscious choices and/or is a DIYer, thus, is naturally interested into construction/home improvement along cars.

I mean, there's probably plenty of home improvement forums on the interweb, but as I like getting life advice on the general/offtopic subforum from time to time because I value Bitogers (even those who have different opinions than mines on picky topics), construction/home improvement is in my opinion a BIG one amongst Bitogers.

We like the way our community do/makes things with cars, and with everything around.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Yes.
But can't this info be found on YouTube ?

The point I am trying to make stand is that I find interesting to have a Bitoger interest/hobby in the light.

There's many car forums but I barely only stay here, because there's something more about cars here, and it's our people.

Last edited:
The way the idea for a sports-related forum got shot down, I'd expect this one to get shot down as well.

Going back to the sports forum, people should post their questions in the "Bicycle" sub-forum
grin.gif
Can't have a general, overall sports forum but can have one for one specific sport
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
The way the idea for a sports-related forum got shot down, I'd expect this one to get shot down as well.

Going back to the sports forum, people should post their questions in the "Bicycle" sub-forum
grin.gif
Can't have a general, overall sports forum but can have one for one specific sport
confused2.gif

This is a site about oil and lubrication.

Bicycles have unique lubrication circumstances, as do firearms and airplanes.

That's the taxonomy: lubrication requirements divided into sections and sub sections.

Those categories have morphed into threads and topics far beyond the original intent of how this site was organized...

Last edited:
Look guys, this site is run by volunteers, at very low cost. No one is making any money on this venture. It's a platform for discussing oil. Not sports. Not home improvement.

We may share those interests, and we have had lots of great discussion on lots of off-topic subjects, but asking for a change in the site organization, for new sections, is asking for a monumental amount of work from those unpaid volunteers.

They already give a ton of time, and you want more?

You don't contribute one dime to the site, don't support it with your time or money, but you want others to give their time and money for your convenience?

Just to change it for you?

You really think that's a reasonable request?

I sure don't.

By the way, Wayne, Helen, moderators, and others, thank you for all your time and effort keeping this site running. I know it's a ton of work, and I am grateful for your efforts.

Come the new year, you can count on me to donate again.

Cheers,
Astro

Originally Posted by Astro14

That's the taxonomy: lubrication requirements divided into sections and sub sections.

Cooking, Computers, Photos, Consumer Electronics

Try again....

Try again....

Yes over time its gotten out of control but is anyone on here that lazy they can't let their fingers do the walking on their KB and find the Blog that's in question?

You don't contribute one dime to the site, don't support it with your time or money, but you want others to give their time and money for your convenience?

Hold my caprisun.

Why generalize? Because you display your donor badge, you automatically assume that those who don't display/haven't donated (yet) doesn't "contribute one dime" ? I'm confused.

Not starting a fight here and I won't be upset whenever the outcome of this thread but... I'm confused at how you perceive the whole contrib thing.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Try again....

Yes over time its gotten out of control but is anyone on here that lazy they can't let their fingers do the walking on their KB and find the Blog that's in question?
Look, I don't care if the site got rid of everything that isn't related to oil. My point is, new sub-forums that have nothing to do with this site's "focus" are arbitrarily added. Someone requests a sports area or home improvement and someone that doesn't like those topics comments against it. If someone doesn't like that topic, stay out.

Get rid of the (4) I listed. Get rid of the air filter sub-forum (really ? air filters ?), electrical/battery, detail/wax, and so on. Be consistent.

Originally Posted by Superflan

Hold my caprisun.

Why generalize? Because you display your donor badge, you automatically assume that those who don't display/haven't donated (yet) doesn't "contribute one dime" ? I'm confused.

Not starting a fight here and I won't be upset whenever the outcome of this thread but... I'm confused at how you perceive the whole contrib thing.

OK.

I'll bite.

Since you're asking for work to be done, how much, in dollars*, have you donated?

GumbyJarvis recently asked for the same thing. How much has he donated?

I'll wait.

*Posts, while interesting, even useful, sometimes, do nothing to actually support the site. Things that support the site are administering, moderating, and money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back