Any guesses who makes this filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my 1.3T Renegade. Guess they're pretty rare and on back order, drove an hour to get this one. Made in France.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by atikovi
Purflux

This would be my guess as well.

Are there no aftermarket filters available for that engine?

It was $12, so not terrible. No aftermarket that I saw (Wix, Fram). Didn't see it on Purflux's site but I'm sure that's right.

Purflux, owned by Sogefi filter division. They are distributing Purflux, Fram, Coopers Fiaam. Basically, they tells that Purflux is OEM quality, Fram is premium, and Coopers Fiaam is standard.
I used many of those filters (air, oil, cabin, fuel) and the build quality seemed serious. Purflux have more media surface because of their "plissé chevron" thing. On euro cars we run Purflux for like 30000km (on cars that are specified for that OCI) and they are still flowing and in shape.

Originally Posted by geeman789
Are Renegades still made in Italy at the Fiat plant ?

The new Compass is a Renegade variant Hecho in Mexico

The root platform daddy is the Fiat 500x which is also purportedly a good car but dealer may be questionable - at least they are in my area.

I want my wife to look at the Renegade next year, they appear very jewel like in the Showroom with standout coachwork and paint and

HoosierJ - what do you like and not like about the Renegade?
We would likely get the 2.4 with the conventional planetary auto.

I have the 1.3 turbo Trailhawk.... I absolutely love everything about it. I love the visibility and the seating position. I have leather and the panoramic sunroof - make its it feel luxurious inside. Controls are all easy to use. It rides and handles nice- pretty firm overall which I like. It's not a speed demon but the torque curve is flat and starts at 2200 rpm. The 9 speed is very smooth, more so than my 15 Cherokee with the same trans. I average about 25 MPG, that's about 70% highway 30% city. Pure highway it can get 30 or more. Not bad for a lifted 4WD Jeep with skid plates and tow hooks!

I had a 2.4L Compass for a week as a rental from work, it was noticeably slower. Plus the 2.4Ls are oil burners sometimes.

Interesting thread. My 2012 FIAT 500c came with a Purflux cartridge filter even though the engine was assembled in Michigan. So it makes perfect sense that your 1.3l Firefly engine came with a Purflux as well. Initially, I had problems finding filters for the 500. O'Reilly finally started stocking Mann filters for that car. Surprised that after using cartridges on the 1.4l Fire, they are using spin on filter for the 1.3l Firefly. By the way, I am a FIAT fan. Worked summers in '76 and '77 at a FIAT dealer. Had a great ownership experience with my 500c and just picked up a 2019 Renegade Trailhawk on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back