Mobil Super 5w30 sn oil in turbocharged engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought this in advance auto parts clearance oil it mobil super full synthetic 5w30 is LSPI pronounce using in ford 2.7l engine with turbo charge I have try to see voa but can not find it the jug mfg date 2017 and it ok to used. I know that few Mobil 1 is LSPI or SN plus from 2012

Last edited:
5w30 is D1G2 so no reason to not use in turbo application. Going in my civic at some point (plenty picked up on sale)

I check the dexos label but it did not say gen 2 approved just says dexos 1 approve? Thanks

I used it a while back (it's what the dealers stock in Canada for bulk synth 5w-30) in my TGDI Subaru and it was my worst UOA....

It wasn't bad per say, but all the other I tested did better.

Ford doesn't require the GM dexos spec so i wouldn't worry about it. If it is "only" dexos1Gen1, it will have higher Calcium and possibly some Sodium which in theory, is not desirable in (small displacement) Turbo Di. But i've yet to hear of a 2.7T Ford having oil related issues and also know there are many thousands of these running on Motorcraft without issue.

We've owned the 2.0T-GDi in my signature since 2011 and have run far more non-d1G2 / non-SN Plus oils than the new specs without concern or problems. To be honest, the oil we used most was Valvoline Synpower which was also a high Calcium/Sodium oil.

Originally Posted by parshisa
What criterias have you used to qualify it as the worst?

I'd have to find it again as it was the very first UOA that I did, but higher wear metals than all the others.

Edit: here it is on the far right,

[Linked Image]

It also sheared pretty badly compared to the HDEO/C3 oils I tried after that, see this thread for both Mobil 1 ESP and Rotella Multi Vehicle

Last edited:
I agree ford do not required dexos oil only thing I need is LSPI oil and also know dexos gen 2 is LSPI approve before API SN Plus. I have used motorcraft oil too it high calcium oil

Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30 should be fine in your turbo engine for a reasonable OCI......7500 miles sounds about right unless it's all short trips....

Originally Posted by pbm
Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30 should be fine in your turbo engine......

thumbsup2.gif
This^

Originally Posted by Toh1
I just check the jug it has dexos 1 gen 2 number but logo only dexos 1 ?

That's correct.

Both D1G2 and SN+ address LSPI..if you see either on the back of the bottle, you're good to go.ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Ok thank i see dexos gen2 certification number but dexos 1 gen1 logo or symbols so that was confusing I ask here in forum.

Ford doesn't require D1G2 (since it's a GM spec) but they do require the WSS-M2C946-B1 spec in addition to SN+. It's kind of like their version of the D1G2 spec. In my observations, any oil that meets D1G2 has also met the Ford B1 spec. I know Mobil Super 5w-30 meets the Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 spec for the 2.7L EcoBoost. It should work quite well and I've considered this oil myself.

SN Plus was developed to protect agains LSPI why would a sticker saying d1g2 or ford whatever mean any different? I dont trust anything chevrolet would push i am over their crap product for good.

Last edited:
It just dexos 1 gen 2 was lspi approved oil and car manufacturers approved oil is proven and keep warranty less headache from ford or cars mfg company I know that company are making money for the oil we used by charging fees for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back