Judge Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by BISCUT
Originally Posted by pbm
Judge Judy is arrogant and overpaid...

IDK how any of us on this forum could substantiate the overpaid portion. Can you even state what her pay was per contract? I suggest not. She negotiated her own pay and what someone agreed to pay her isn't something she should be bashed for. Arrogance? That one is up for personal interpretation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...-presides-with-147-million/#13317a9248d6

I stand by my original statement. Growing up in NYC, I've met plenty like her....

What you did was show you you have an inclining into what she makes but that does not address "overpaid." She has a contract and another party agreed to pay her that sum. Who or what determines "overpaid?"

She makes 1 million a week roughly, and the bailiff makes a million a year IIRC. Overpaid is an opinion, although Id agree I was very surprised at her salary, its exactly what Biscuit was saying. If she put that offer on the table and they took it, more power to her. Entertainers are paid way way too much in every aspect, football, baseball, movie "stars". No money for things that matter, only money for the distractions. Imagine the networks take if the budget is 2 million an episode.

I read recently that the advertising she brings in/year is around $250,000,000, and that she makes around $1,000,000 per episode while working 25 weeks a year. Don't know how true this is???

Anyways, I watch people throw balls and sing and act like someone else for bunches of money as well.

And she is every bit as entertaining as ball throwing, dunking, singing and acting (at least to me and lots of other people as well).

I can't believe anyone with something above a pea -brain rattling around their cranium is watching Judge Judy.

But I used to watch Street Outlaws when I became bored with the editorialised political brainwash at night
- so to each his own bird- brain candy
smile.gif

Considering The Hon. Blum-Sheindlin salary, Now I know why there are 10-20 big pharma ads** and hour !
smile.gif

But Judith is pushing 80 years of age and her tenure finale is on the near horizon.

Entertainer contracts have become superhuman - but there are lots of Mclaren, Ferrari and Bentley the need to be sold.
My Mother used to say her mother told her, Just work on YOUR goals, and don't worry or be jealous about someone else's situation that you have no presidence over. In fact, I think that's written on stone tablets, so they are truly words to live by !

**I wish also these drug ads would stop "hijacking" 60's and 70's classic top 40.
And where is the law to stop ads for Dr. prescribed medications and drugs? Now you know who runs the real show.

Originally Posted by pbm

I could do what she does for a whole lot less....so could many others. I do realize that she is an 'entertainer' and
should not be taken seriously. She recently gave her political opinions publicly which is very common now with
Hollywood types....Why do 'celebrities' think their opinions matter more than others?
Less me guess. You can star in the NFL too?

You're mixing two different topics with your second point. I couldn't care less what celebs/athletes/etc have to say about anything. I have no clue of JJ's politics nor do I care to google them.

Originally Posted by pbm

She is making CBS truckloads of cash or they would not compensate her at that level.
The overpaid award would have to go to "Judge Jerry." Anything more than a buck a week is overcompensating him.

Originally Posted by pbm

Not according to the corporation that is paying her. Whatever the amount of compensation she receives is, the entity she works for feels it's justified, or they simply wouldn't pay it.

Instead of wasting time being jealous of others success, I'd spend your time working on you.

JJ is a sign of what's wrong with the US in about 10 different ways, including what she is paid (that our society values this kind of entertainment that much) , what she gets away with saying, making an arbitration meeting look like a court room, rulings based on 5 minutes of testimony and 10 minutes of JJ inventing facts because she "knows" everything about the lives of poor and stupid people , then the last 6 ways are the plaintiffs, defendants, and witnesses X 2. This is those people looking and acting their best.

It's like selling tickets to see a train wreck.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by pbm

Not according to the corporation that is paying her. Whatever the amount of compensation she receives is, the entity she works for feels it's justified, or they simply wouldn't pay it.

Instead of wasting time being jealous of others success, I'd spend your time working on you.

He is jealous of the pay and in another post in topic jealous a person in Hollywood can state their opinions and have an intense audience for it.

WOW, did this question get morphed out of control with opinionated people who obviously have not met their goals in life. Ha

Originally Posted by pbm

She is a caricature of a caricature of everyone's nightmare mother in law.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by BISCUT
Originally Posted by pbm

IDK how any of us on this forum could substantiate the overpaid portion. Can you even state what her pay was per contract? I suggest not. She negotiated her own pay and what someone agreed to pay her isn't something she should be bashed for. Arrogance? That one is up for personal interpretation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...-presides-with-147-million/#13317a9248d6

I stand by my original statement.
How much should she make? Be specific.

Zero.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I can't believe anyone with something above a pea -brain rattling around their cranium is watching Judge Judy.

But I used to watch Street Outlaws when I became bored with the editorialised political brainwash at night
- so to each his own bird- brain candy
smile.gif

Considering The Hon. Blum-Sheindlin salary, Now I know why there are 10-20 big pharma ads** and hour !
smile.gif

But Judith is pushing 80 years of age and her tenure finale is on the near horizon.

Entertainer contracts have become superhuman - but there are lots of Mclaren, Ferrari and Bentley the need to be sold.
My Mother used to say her mother told her, Just work on YOUR goals, and don't worry or be jealous about someone else's situation that you have no presidence over. In fact, I think that's written on stone tablets, so they are truly words to live by !

**I wish also these drug ads would stop "hijacking" 60's and 70's classic top 40.
And where is the law to stop ads for Dr. prescribed medications and drugs? Now you know who runs the real show.

I didn't realize she was that old. I hope she keels over, the sooner the better.

IBTL ... pretty crazy what some people get upset over when it doesnt even affect their lives.
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back