Meguiars new Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the new 2020 product offerings from Meguiars

https://www.autogeekonline.net/foru...w-products-new-products-coming-soon.html

73318473_2814643058560223_5326775782331121664_n.jpg

I'm interested in this, not for my cars but for my adopted mom's Subie so she doesn't have to get me or her sons to wax as often:

So pretty
02.gif

I've used their spray on ceramic product and it seems to work well. I don't notice much of a gloss to it, but it does give paint a deeper look. I've grown more fond of the product with increase usage, it seems like you really need to get a layer of it on the paint to truly work. A few washes and sprays later and water beads/sheets off instantly. I have a feeling this buff on product should work considerably better.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
So many new product I want to try. My head is gonna explode as is my wallet. LOL

And I just ordered that Turtle Wax Ceramic spray, I guess everybody is coming out with that stuff now. Ultimate quik wax was pretty good, just didn't last more than a couple months.

Ill have to try it at some point. Maybe I will wait until reviews come out before purchasing. I did pre-order some of the new Turtle Wax Ceramic spray, can't wait to try that product.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by WhyMe
So many new product I want to try. My head is gonna explode as is my wallet. LOL

And I just ordered that Turtle Wax Ceramic spray, I guess everybody is coming out with that stuff now. Ultimate quik wax was pretty good, just didn't last more than a couple months.

Ultimate Quik Wax got an updated formula for 2020.

Screenshot_20191112-122032.jpg

Originally Posted by gregk24
Ill have to try it at some point. Maybe I will wait until reviews come out before purchasing. I did pre-order some of the new Turtle Wax Ceramic spray, can't wait to try that product.

Just got my Turtle Wax Ceramic spray, too bad it's too cold to try it out. I wonder how much longer the Quik wax will last, didn't seem to last more than two months so if the new stuff is twice as good, that's still only 4 months.

I'm interested in trying it. I did this early this morning with their Ceramic Hybrid Spray Wax. Start to finish about an hour. A quick job in preparation for the winter. I'm interested in seeing how long it lasts, it's the third coat in six months.

[Linked Image]

^Nice! Looks great. I'm interested to see how well it holds up for you too. Detailing products have come a long way.

Originally Posted by buster
^Nice! Looks great. I'm interested to see how well it holds up for you too. Detailing products have come a long way.

Thanks. It was a fast job with a pretty good outcome. I still have my doubts about longevity and durability, but I must say the product is a time saver!

First two pics are a single coat (full bottle) on a newly washed vehicle back in September.

Last pic is from this past weekend, after a few snows, salted roads & highway slush.

So far so good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So what's the big deal with ceramic? It just sounds to me like heat treated clay, like they use in coffee cups, floor tile, and brake pads. A great marketing tool though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Traction
So what's the big deal with ceramic? It just sounds to me like heat treated clay, like they use in coffee cups, floor tile, and brake pads. A great marketing tool though.

So True.. Now Mothers has a line of Ceramic waxes that are out on the market also...

Also Turtle Wax and Meguries...

I wonder whats going to be next??? I was going to say NANO technology but they already came out with that a few years ago...

Hmmm

How about.... Semi Metallic wax... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back