That 1st Ding Dent on Your New Vehicle ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last spring, I pulled into the garage, opened the door and began to step out of the car. When I put my weight on my left foot, my shoe slipped on the condensation on the concrete floor, my shin struck the inside of my door, and forced my door into the door of my convertible. NICE ding just behind the side mirror. My PDR guy is amazing....still can't see where that dent was.

in 2018 my not even 1 yr old Tundra got mauled in macroburst wind storm,tree limb dented the hood and broke the paint,took out the antenna,and cpl dents in pass front door.I wasn't happy,But if i had been a minute later I probably wouldn't be here typing this.Oh and truck is still dented.Ill get it fixed one of these days,only been a year and a half now

Last edited:
Someone already dinged the Truck. I got it out thought. I bought a 50 dollar ding removal kit from Amazon. I should have taken pictures. It works awesome.
Popped the dings, 2 on the Caprice, one on the Malibu, one on the WS6 and some on the neighbors car. It really worked much better than I thought it would!

When I bought my Mustang new, it got damaged before I even drove off the lot. I was transferring the stuff out of the trunk of my trade-in into the trunk of the Mustang when I happened to look down and noticed something wrong with the paint on the bumper of the Mustang.

There was a spot about the size of a dime where the paint was all crinkled up and missing. I guess when they took it to the back to wash it, somehow the paint got damaged. To say I was [censored] was an understatement.

Long story short, I finally got it repaired after a lot of BS with the dealership. Needless to say, I will probably never buy another vehicle from that dealership.

It's a mast year and an acorn put a small dent on the hood of my truck and the Subaru.

My daughter rubbed against the curb with our 17 Buick Regal GS 20" rim
33.gif
put a 2" scratch on the face of the rim, any ideas on how i can smooth it out.

Think we put about 3,000km on our Civic before a pickup truck crunched the side of it making a lane change without looking. Fortunately the insurance did a good job and the damage isn't visible at all ten years later.

First new vehicle is now my first accident with damage. Got rear ended Saturday stopped at a light. Other vehicle going approx 40mph hit us while stopped. Totaled his Focus, TBD on my 2019 Wrangler. Rear bumper not too bad but looking underneath both frame rails are bent, rear sway bar and links are bent over top of axle. Should be fun to fix, didn't even make it to it's first oil change...

I have only had 1 new car, 2009 Corolla which I had for a few months with zero dings, I was vigilant about where I parked made sure to take care around it...until I saw my niece driving her bike around it one day...she scratched the bumper.

All my other vehicles are pre-owned so they usually come pre-dinged and I don't worry too much about it.

The 06 Accord....brand new....in the garage....daughter in the back seat of the wife's car and they pull into the garage next to it...she flings the door wide open...BAM...first dent. Talk about having to take a deep breath and not kill her.....fast forward to now. I've kept the car..still in great shape...but dent is still there. She wants me to take the dent out. I said NO WAY. You put it there, YOU take it out. Ahhhh....some relief.

My, at the time 5 year old son, decided to remove some bird poo from the hood if my Mazda with a screw driver.

Recently my 3 year old daughter decided to draw on my Mazdas door with a piece of limestone. She uses them to draw on the sidewalk, so why not on daddy's car? She said she was drawing something for me. How could I even be mad at that? But I did explain to her that she should draw on the sidewalk instead.

Kids and cars don't mix well. Good thing none of my vehicles is anything special.

I hit a decent limb with my new Tractor's roll bar. I'm not too worried about that, but it came down and put a nice scratch on the hood. I'm hoping it'll buff out. Lol.

None of my cars were purchased new, but I can honestly say I haven't accidentally scratched them or caused damage.

My wife got the car good... turned too hard and swiped a pole at the gas station. $4,200 later good as new. As I get older, I start to care less and less. I do go out of my way to avoid door dings and such by parking at the back of the lot, but if my kids run into it with a bike or something I'll just use it as a learning experience on how to fix it. Hopefully that way they'll learn to appreciate the efforts of hard work
grin.gif

5C8641A0-6681-4AFA-9E06-1F3F736362B6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back