Clogged carbed due to bad design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Honda gx390 pressure washer and I'm pretty sure it's been a year since I've used it. I fired it up today to make sure it still started and it fired right up! Other engines if I did that would probably need the carb cleaned.

Opinions? No fuel stabilizer was used. All I did was turn the fuel valve off. Unless this is the reason why. After a couple weeks the fuel probably evaporates in the carb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed the same to the point where I try to buy Honda powered OPE whenever I can, though now just snow blowers and a generator. I always use marine sta bil, but have had problems w/ a few Briggs over the years.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I have a Honda gx390 pressure washer and I'm pretty sure it's been a year since I've used it. I fired it up today to make sure it still started and it fired right up! Other engines if I did that would probably need the carb cleaned.

Opinions? No fuel stabilizer was used. All I did was turn the fuel valve off. Unless this is the reason why. After a couple weeks the fuel probably evaporates in the carb.

Opinion? Some carb designs clog up easier than others. And, you still got lucky. I know Honda engine owners who ended up in line at the OPE shop with everyone else, pushing a dead lawn mower, on the first good mowing day in Spring.

Originally Posted by HangFire

Opinion? Some carb designs clog up easier than others. And, you still got lucky. I know Honda engine owners who ended up in line at the OPE shop with everyone else, pushing a dead lawn mower, on the first good mowing day in Spring.

Well only they're pushing a $1500 commercial mower,.chances are it's their cheaper ohc engine. What those engines are.

"...…...Opinions?...….All I did was turn the fuel valve off."

Luck?
Go buy a Lottery ticket!
grin.gif

My honda power washer has a drain on the carb bowl, I cut the petcock off and run it till it stops, then drain carb.

Turning off the fuel saved you.

Trust me, I've cleaned plenty of clogged Honda carbs or have had to replace them. Lots of cheap replacements on eBay luckily.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Trust me, I've cleaned plenty of clogged Honda carbs or have had to replace them. Lots of cheap replacements on eBay luckily.

It's a habit. I once had the float get stuck and it started pouring fuel out of the carb on a brand new generator.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071

It's a habit. I once had the float get stuck and it started pouring fuel out of the carb on a brand new generator.

A good habit.
thumbsup2.gif

I always run my machines out of fuel now before storing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back