2002 Silverado 4L60E, 102,000 AMSOIL ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This if on my 2002 Silverado with the 4L60E, The truck has 192k on it and the fluid had 102k on it, AMSOIL's ATL. I pulled the pan to change the filter and the fluid looked great and the magnet was not covered much with fuz. Just wondering the high water content, maybe because I took the sample when it was a cold transmission?

ATL UOA 10-28-19.jpg

transmission pan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pan and fluid looks great. Obviously that Amsoil isn't oxidizing at all. Depending on your duty cycle, this could be a true "lifetime" fluid.

The color looks great. Not sure about water. I didn't think condensation was a problem in transmission fluid like it is in a short tripped engine or even brake fluid. Hopefully someone else has some input.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
The color looks great. Not sure about water. I didn't think condensation was a problem in transmission fluid like it is in a short tripped engine or even brake fluid. Hopefully someone else has some input.

The concern is the fill tube to the transmission will cause condensation to form and drain into the transmission thus many new vehicle are not fillable via tube.

Originally Posted by Rat407
This if on my 2002 Silverado with the 4L60E, The truck has 192k on it and the fluid had 102k on it, AMSOIL's ATL. I pulled the pan to change the filter and the fluid looked great and the magnet was not covered much with fuz. Just wondering the high water content, maybe because I took the sample when it was a cold transmission?

For 102K miles, that is some clean fluid. Looks amazing !

I had a 2002 Silverado,great truck.I prefer that model over any of the newer ones.
Mine had 250K before I sold it

Mentioned this in previous post.

I think Amsoil ATL uses higher pao content compared with there ATF formula.
Amsoil ATL- Dec-1-ene, homopolymer, hydrogenated Dec-1-ene, 50 - 100% oligomers, hydrogenated
Amsoil ATF Dec-1-ene, homopolymer, hydrogenated Dec-1-ene, 10 - <25% oligomers, hydrogenated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back