Why didn't I think of this last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are off to Florida and not taking our bikes, but we will be hitting a yard sale or two for 2 old bikes to get by on....why, so we will leave them in Florida at my friends house next time out,,,,if the bikes get stolen,,what the heck..........imho

Sounds like a good idea if it`s ok with your friend.
55.gif

We did something similar with beach chairs and umbrellas when we visited the shore. Bought some inexpensive ones, and gave them away at the end of the vacation.

Our friends go to Cuba for a few days most winters. The last few they've bought cheap used bikes, taken them down on the charter, used them there, and left them for the locals.

One trip to Florida I made a unique arrangement for having a bike to ride when I was in the Keys. I wanted a Marinoni and did a google search for "Marinoni Craigslist" and found one in Sarasota. Was amazed it was still available as it was nice with 9 speed Campy Veloce and for a good price. I immediately locked it in with a paypal deposit, which was smart since an earlier prospective buyer called back soon after I deposited.

I knew I was going to the Keys in a few months, but didn't want to wait to pick it up or make the seller hang on to it. Was also trying to spare the expense of shipping and the hassle of it for the seller. My brother was cruising from the Atlantic coast to the Gulf coast in his 43 foot trawler. I got his location and found he was going through Sarasota in a few days. Asked the seller if he'd meet my brother at a marina that was a about a mile from his house. He did and helped take it apart and stow it in the v berth.

My brother put it in his SUV he left at his friend's house which I picked up to later shuttle to where he moored his boat for the winter. Used the bike and his SUV in Islamorada before meeting him in Dothan, Alabama on the way home to Missouri. The Marinoni is a favorite, not very light, but rides well and fits me perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back