Judge Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood that if max to win is $5000 then both parties get paid that. However if a party is judged against for $2000 then one party gets $7000 while the other $3000 for showing up on expenses paid trip to wherever they film it.

The fine print at the end of the show gives details.

judge judy is an interesting character . i asked my friend, who is a real judge in a big city, if all the talking down and scolding she does would really fly in a courtroom. He told me no way is that how its done. if she was a current judge there would be complaints lodged against her by attorneys and would be in hot water.

My cousin was on Judge Judy about 15 or so years ago. He was an idiot and got thrown out of the court room leaving my aunt standing there shaking her head. He obviously lost.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
judge judy is an interesting character . i asked my friend, who is a real judge in a big city, if all the talking down and scolding she does would really fly in a courtroom. He told me no way is that how its done. if she was a current judge there would be complaints lodged against her by attorneys and would be in hot water.

Wasn't long ago I lived near her. She certainly is a tough NY gal and she did well for herself. You wan't interesting seek out the many articles on her son when he was Putnam County DA. NY politics is hardcore like none other.

Originally Posted by pbm
Judge Judy is arrogant and overpaid...

IDK how any of us on this forum could substantiate the overpaid portion. Can you even state what her pay was per contract? I suggest not. She negotiated her own pay and what someone agreed to pay her isn't something she should be bashed for. Arrogance? That one is up for personal interpretation.

Judge Judy actually does behave EXACTLY like that in a real courtroom. She was covered by 60 minutes even before Judge Judy ever became a show and the same theatrics she performs on the screen were echos of her performance as a judge in the state of New York.

Check it out on Facebook sometimes. I'm no fan of her show but I respect her brutal honesty when it comes to the juvenile court system.

Originally Posted by PW01
It's been my understanding that the participants are paid $5k (plus expenses) and any judgement awarded is paid from that.

That's been my understanding as well; there's a $5000 pool of money which is split between the two people that appear. Judge Judy can only award up to $5000, which would leave one person with zero.

Originally Posted by Eddie
When she makes a decision to charge a defendant, who pays?
Ed

Ed
You just told us you were 81 in another thread and doing WELL

And now your commenting on Judge Judy ...³ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¤¨

Your showing your age !!! STOP !!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🥴

JUDY is a fake !!!!🤣🤣

Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by PW01
It's been my understanding that the participants are paid $5k (plus expenses) and any judgement awarded is paid from that.

That's been my understanding as well; there's a $5000 pool of money which is split between the two people that appear. Judge Judy can only award up to $5000, which would leave one person with zero.

From the imgur photo posted above of the Judge Judy letter, it sounds like they pay only the plaintiff if the plaintiff wins. Pay travel and boarding for plaintiff/defendant/witnesses. If the defendant had a counter suit, then maybe they also pay up to $5000 for that. Letter doesn't mention anything about a counter suit. Judge Judy rarely both a plaintiff award and a defendant counter suit award.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Originally Posted by pbm

IDK how any of us on this forum could substantiate the overpaid portion. Can you even state what her pay was per contract? I suggest not. She negotiated her own pay and what someone agreed to pay her isn't something she should be bashed for. Arrogance? That one is up for personal interpretation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...-presides-with-147-million/#13317a9248d6

I stand by my original statement. Growing up in NYC, I've met plenty like her....

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by pbm

I stand by my original statement.
How much should she make? Be specific.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by pbm

I stand by my original statement.
How much should she make? Be specific.

I could do what she does for a whole lot less....so could many others. I do realize that she is an 'entertainer' and
should not be taken seriously. She recently gave her political opinions publicly which is very common now with
Hollywood types....Why do 'celebrities' think their opinions matter more than others?

Originally Posted by pbm

Of course she is. That's a huge part of the appeal. Some of those idiots on the show deserve to be scolded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back