14 Cruze diesel valvoline mst 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jkhawaii
Soot was .5%. Been doing more longer drives since moving to the states from Hawaii

Delete it and use 10w30 CJ-4.

No thanks. Although, HD diesels have DPF's and they are just fine with CJ-4

Last edited:
Most HD diesel oils are already "emissions approved" although they may not be as low as the manufacturers like. Showing high iron in my GL as well, going to switch from 0/30 M1 ESP to Rotella T6 in about 1k miles to try and see if theres a difference.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder where the silver is from? Here is my 2014 Cruze diesel to compare. I have been running AMSOIL's DHD 5w-30 and I went with a Wix filter this time.

2014 Cruze UOA 10-9-19.jpg

Last edited:
Zinc and phos are just too low for me. I have switched to Mobil 1 TDT in my V6 diesel with 110k on it.

Originally Posted by Rat407
Interesting. I wonder where the silver is from? Here is my 2014 Cruze diesel to compare. I have been running AMSOIL's DHD 5w-30 and I went with a Wix filter this time.

Maybe it's the biodiesel blends I use? Your Cruze seems to have nearly the same wear numbers other than the silver

Last edited:
Originally Posted by loneryder
Zinc and phos are just too low for me. I have switched to Mobil 1 TDT in my V6 diesel with 110k on it.

Did you notice a reduction in wear on your UOA's? I'm thinking of going with CK-4 also it's a lot cheaper

Originally Posted by jkhawaii
Originally Posted by loneryder

Did you notice a reduction in wear on your UOA's? I'm thinking of going with CK-4 also it's a lot cheaper

I haven't done one yet but am getting ready to. I always had high iron with the Mobil esp oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back