Favorite Horror Flick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary Movie

/thread

smirk.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Wall paper on my phone

Duel !!! To me that was more a suspense movie than horror. I loved that movie back in the day, but I see it now and think how much a wuss Dennis Weaver's character was!

Now when I was a kid I watched Prophecy, that thing in that movie freaked me out! I mean that thing lived under my bed and in the hallway just outside of my bedroom door every night. Some huge mutated bear rampaging around the country side doesn't seem that bad compared to some of today's movies, but that thing was the stuff of nightmares.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Now when I was a kid I watched Prophecy, that thing in that movie freaked me out! I mean that thing lived under my bed and in the hallway just outside of my bedroom door every night. Some huge mutated bear rampaging around the country side doesn't seem that bad compared to some of today's movies, but that thing was the stuff of nightmares.

Me too! I remember seeing that movie on TV when I was a kid (late 1970s) and it totally freaked me out!! I think it was shown on either HBO or Showcase I and II. Remember those early cable boxes where you only have two selections? One selection was for cable channels 2-13,and the other one was for the HBO and Showcase movie channels.

"The Thing From Another World" with James Arness playing the Thing.Saw it at the Lobo Theatre in Albuquerque in 1951. Scared the you know what out of fourteen year old me.

Glad there was no mention of any of the stupid movies of Stephen King although the Shining was the best then Cristine 2nd imo
No mention of any of the Paranormal Activity Movies a few of those were good.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Glad there was no mention of any of the stupid movies of Stephen King although the Shining was the best then Cristine 2nd imo
No mention of any of the Paranormal Activity Movies a few of those were good.

Stephen King books dont really translate well to film IMO, and the good, or favored by many movies are nothing like the books.

The Shining movie vs book is very, very different lol.
I'm not a big Stephen King person, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Shining movie, moreso because I'm a Stanley Kubrick fan.

Last edited:
The worse, grosses, nastiest, scary, freaky and just plain stupidest movie ever.....the human centipede....that movie freaked me out. I can't believe they even made 2 and 3 of that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back