Visible Wirless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try Visible wireless?

They use Verizon network and three phones with unlimited data are $90/month no contract instead of the $129 I pay for 12GB shared on Verizon. It's $100(4 lines) per month when I had another line for youngest daughter. It does allow for tethering which I occasionally use.

MNVOs (like Visible) may use the VZW network but actual subscribers to VZW will get tower priority during heavy use. Just something to keep in mind.

A co-worker has converted his whole family over. You will end up having to buy a new phone from them. They say you may be able to bring in your own phone but none are actually approved. Other than that it works as expected. Use someone's referral code to get half off the first month.

They don't have family plans. Each line is a totally separate account and costs $40. Not sure where you're seeing the other prices.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Check out https://redpocket.com/plans/family we pay 70.40 actual payment. 3 Lines unlimited data, voice, text. High speed 5 gb per line. Your choice of network.
Oops I see with Verizon it's only 3gb of high speed, we have ATT and it's 5gb per line.

i used red pocket for a year and had no issues with it on ATT. op is there a reason you use verizon? if you can go att then depending on your phone you can just swap sims. most newer iphones have all the bands needed for both GSM and CDMA use.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Check out https://redpocket.com/plans/family we pay 70.40 actual payment. 3 Lines unlimited data, voice, text. High speed 5 gb per line. Your choice of network.
Oops I see with Verizon it's only 3gb of high speed, we have ATT and it's 5gb per line.

i used red pocket for a year and had no issues with it on ATT. op is there a reason you use verizon? if you can go att then depending on your phone you can just swap sims. most newer iphones have all the bands needed for both GSM and CDMA use.

In my locale Verizon rules the land with best coverage by a long shot. Sprint/ATT/T Mobile are all miserable experiences rurally. All improving but still not at Verizon caliber yet.

My interest in Visible is they are actually owned by Verizon to compete with major carriers bargain offerings. All my phones are Verizon compatible so not worried about getting new phones.

I've been on them now for 4 months. Absolutely love it. I'm using and unlocked iPhone XS.
They do have multi-line discounts, they just started: 2 lines are $35 a piece, 3 lines $30, and 4 lines are $25.
It is truly unlimited for data. Hotspot is amazing and I use it a ton. They say it is throttled to 5mbps but I usually average around 10-12 with it.
They also say it's limited to only one device at a time on the hotspot, I can't answer that, I've only done one at a time.

If you switch to them it's easier to do the setup through the website. When you get the sim wait a day or two and then check with them to see if it's good to put it in your phone. They won't do your number port until after they see it was delivered. And then once you put the sim in your phone and do activate from the app, then their system will send the port request to your prior company. Give it a few minutes, if your on Verizon or a Verizon MVNO, or it could take a few hour depending on the other companies, to release your number. Mine only took 5 minutes from Red Pocket. My brothers from Straight Talk was almost instantly after hit the activate button.

If you have any questions do the text option. You will get an almost instant response from them.

They are not compatible with Android Q (10) right now, but if you have an iPhone you're good to go.

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer the best I can.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by WhyMe

In my locale Verizon rules the land with best coverage by a long shot. Sprint/ATT/T Mobile are all miserable experiences rurally. All improving but still not at Verizon caliber yet.

My interest in Visible is they are actually owned by Verizon to compete with major carriers bargain offerings. All my phones are Verizon compatible so not worried about getting new phones.

my experience with mvno's after trying a few is that there really is not any difference to the average person in really use. hard users might see a difference. i was on post paid for many years and will never go back. pre paid for me.

in the past before porting numbers was a hassle most people did not change. now its so easy. i would try the visable and see how it works. you can always go back. oh if you still owe money on the phones i don't think you can change without paying them off

I guess Visible is Verizons answer to AT&T Cricket.
Same pricing, including taxes. Though last I knew Cricket didnt allow tethering which most dont use and its possible it has changed.

AT&T works just as good and many times better in my states rural areas. Many times when I had no coverage on my work Verizon iPhone I would use my personal Huawei ATT phone and sometimes the other way around. Really all depends on where any given tower is.

To me personally getting Verizon though Redpocket maybe better. With Redpocket you get Verizons full data speeds at least we do with ATT.

With Visible your data speed is capped at 5Mbs whether or not that happens in all areas, you should be aware. That is fine, you may not even notice a difference, chances are you will not, just understand, you are not getting regular Verizon speeds with Visible, just like you are not getting regular ATT speeds with Cricket. Same goes for data congestion, your Visible or Cricket will get slowed down first.
I can tell you, after using these services for YEARS now, none of this is reality, most never will notice anything different with any service.

Both are nearly identical and its a good stepping stone for those wishing to save money on their cell phone service.

Use them a few years and then you can take it to the next level and save another 20% plus faster data speeds with Redpocket. (setting it up, not for the faint of heart though) *L*

Last edited:
Same pricing, including taxes. Though last I knew Cricket didnt allow tethering which most dont use and its possible it has changed.

AT&T works just as good and many times better in my states rural areas. Many times when I had no coverage on my work Verizon iPhone I would use my personal Huawei ATT phone and sometimes the other way around. Really all depends on where any given tower is.

To me personally getting Verizon though Redpocket maybe better. With Redpocket you get Verizons full data speeds at least we do with ATT.

With Visible your data speed is capped at 5Mbs whether or not that happens in all areas, you should be aware. That is fine, you may not even notice a difference, chances are you will not, just understand, you are not getting regular Verizon speeds with Visible, just like you are not getting regular ATT speeds with Cricket. Same goes for data congestion, your Visible or Cricket will get slowed down first.
I can tell you, after using these services for YEARS now, none of this is reality, most never will notice anything different with any service.

Both are nearly identical and its a good stepping stone for those wishing to save money on their cell phone service.

Use them a few years and then you can take it to the next level and save another 20% plus faster data speeds with Redpocket. (setting it up, not for the faint of heart though) *L*

Data is not capped at 5mbps. They got rid of that months ago. Mine has gone into the 70's many times.

Originally Posted by radtech91
Data is not capped at 5mbps. They got rid of that months ago. Mine has gone into the 70's many times.

Does it stay at the same speed for the whole month?

Originally Posted by kschachn

Does it stay at the same speed for the whole month?

Yeah I've never had any times where it's been slow. Never had any problems with it. I'm actually really impressed with the hotspot, it's been amazing fast and can handle 1080p streaming with my Apple TV and me being on my phone at the same time. It's great.

Well, hmmm, not exactly ... I dont think you can say they got rid of it months ago or they wouldn't have the wording that they do on their website, but you are partly right, for now. "while this offer lasts" I highlighted in bold the shady part, right from Visible website on 11-6-19.

" We make it easy: a $40/mo, single-line unlimited plan that's got it all - including unlimited high-speed data, free for as long as you remain a Visible member, while this offer lasts."

Its all good though, no contract phones are always the way to go, I dont care what company. I haven't paid more the $100 for 4 lines in gosh, most likely a decade now. Now we are down to 3 lines unlimited for $70. on Redpocket with ATT.
Verizon seems like a good deal too, right now it certainly does edge out Cricket if your good with Verizon service in your area. I suspect this came about because of Cricket (owned by AT&T)coming out with almost this exact plan many years ago and I would be willing to bet you see Cricket adjust their plans too. More or less, Verizon copying ATT plans, playing catch up. Now will be ATT turn to match it, yet in some ways they already beat it if you have 4 lines in your family, total payment with ATT is $110.00 Including tax.

If your looking for price with any of the 4 majors cell providers, a little tech savvy and own your phone, Redpocket can save you another 20% + over these already low price plans. (
Good news is ... and America still not fully understanding this 9but FINALLY catching on) because unlike other countries, Americans are used to signing contracts for phone service! Imagine that! Other countries they do not. Anyway, when you go to a non contract plan, like, hello, there is no contract! So, you can cancel 30 days later, NOT two years! :eek:)

Last edited:
Well interesting, I've been looking for a less expensive plan than what we have now. Currently we have four phones on Sprint with unlimited everything for about $200 total per month. Our data usage averages about 8-12 Gb per phone per month, with a couple of spikes now and then. We do use tethering which is included in the Sprint plan.

I want to continue using our iPhones on whatever plan we're on.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Well interesting, I've been looking for a less expensive plan than what we have now. Currently we have four phones on Sprint with unlimited everything for about $200 total per month. Our data usage averages about 8-12 Gb per phone per month, with a couple of spikes now and then. We do use tethering which is included in the Sprint plan.

I want to continue using our iPhones on whatever plan we're on.

the great thing about iphones is that unless you have a real old one have all the bands for gsm and CDMA so you can use it on most carriers

Well, hmmm, not exactly ... I dont think you can say they got rid of it months ago or they wouldn't have the wording that they do on their website, but you are partly right, for now. "while this offer lasts" I highlighted in bold the shady part, right from Visible website on 11-6-19.

" We make it easy: a $40/mo, single-line unlimited plan that's got it all - including unlimited high-speed data, free for as long as you remain a Visible member, while this offer lasts."

Where do you see this now? I know it used to be on there when they first got rid of it. But I only see this on the website in the FAQ section under network:
"What speeds and performance can a Verizon Wireless Broadband Internet Access Services customer expect, and where are these speeds available? Visible runs on the Verizon 4G LTE network. Visible expects members on the Verizon 4G LTE network will experience typical download speeds of 5-12 Mbps. Many members are getting more. (Some have claimed 100+ Mbps.) Upload speeds are typically 2-5 Mbps. Videos will typically stream at a resolution of 480p. With respect to latency (how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another) for use of real-time data applications, we expect network to device (round-trip) latency to be about 150 milliseconds."

Last edited:
Disregard my last question in my previous post. I found it on the site. I thought I deleted my post but apparently it did not delete.

1. Its all good ^^ ... I think the Verizon/Visible plan is great, I would highly recommend it to anyone with CDMA phones.

2. Cricket/ATT I would recommend to anyone with GSM phones

3. Redpocket I would recommend to anyone who is tech savvy and looking to cut down their phone bill even more.

4. No contract service from other companies I would highly recommend as long as people completely read up on what they are getting.

5. Ignore all the above! (just having fun here) You CAN NOT make a mistake signing up with a no contract phone service!
Why you may ask? How can I not make a mistake?
Well you can make a mistake, but guess what?
If you do, your not under any contract, so just cancel and switch!

5. Never if my life, at least in the last 10 years, can I understand why the general public signs contracts pays more then roughly $30 a line for unlimited everything phone service. :eek:)

It amazes me how easy it is to extract money from Americans paychecks. *LOL*
We are getting fat, lazy and dumb when it comes to all kinds of services. People just mindlessly allow companies to take money out of their checking account every month without questioning, heck, some people dont even know what companies are taking money and how long ago they agreed to it for all kinds of services. Much of it, they dont even use!

Last edited:
If you haven't already made accounts for yourself, you can use this referral code, zvLJW, and save yourself $20 off for your first month.

I thought they got rid of that after they announced the party pay, but I just put my fiance on Visible and it worked. Saved us both $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back