Almost out of NuFinish, what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Would be interested in this too. Lately I've been using Meguiars Ultimate quik wax, sprays on and it's done quick, done in 20 minutes. Only lasts a couple months, but it seems pretty good. I was going to switch to ultimate liquid wax but I figured I'd try the new Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating, supposed to last up to a year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYPS3PS

Well, this Turtle Wax is interesting...

I just preordered. Can't wait to try it.

Because I'm cheap and lazy, NuFinish is a dream product. But I'm almost out. For my next product, knowing I'm cheap and lazy, what do you recommend? Anything "new" and "cutting edge" that you can just wipe on, wipe off, won't stain trim (stupid NuFinish) and beads water for months? Or something old?

Again...I'm lazy and cheap. Longish lasting, cheap, easy to apply.

Looking forward to the flaming...I mean knowledge.

If you were happy with Nufinish, why are you asking this question?

He maybe is looking for a two year wax? I use NuFinish because it is easy to apply, it lasts a long time (in my case one year+) and is available locally for a fair price. Ed

Here's one I can recommend without hesitation:
https://www.duragloss.com/16-oz.-Duragloss-TPP-(Total-Performance-Polish) Link didn't appear so copy & paste.

It is a chemical cleaner/sealant, heavy on sealant. If you need more cleaning then use #501, it's heavy on cleaning.
You will have to send off for it so NuFinish has an advantage as it's available everywhere.

Once you experience the total ease of application/removal and look of #105 you'll be hooked. Both are durable.....1 year? No, but 6 months is realistic.

Last edited:
I like Rejex and its easy to apply and has good durability. It's not cheap or expensive, it's not available at Walmart but Amazon will deliver it. It's not what the cool kids are detailing their perfected paint with but my daily driver/kid hauler's paint looks good enough and the bugs come off easier.

Because I'm cheap and lazy, NuFinish is a dream product. But I'm almost out. For my next product, knowing I'm cheap and lazy, what do you recommend? Anything "new" and "cutting edge" that you can just wipe on, wipe off, won't stain trim (stupid NuFinish) and beads water for months? Or something old?

Maybe switch to a ceramic coating. Once that is on, you can experiment with all the different sealers and top-coats that are available.

Originally Posted by Lubener

If you were happy with Nufinish, why are you asking this question?

The staining of trim. It hasn't been too bad for me. And all the dust it leaves. Which is why that new ceramic Turtle Wax intrigues me that's a spray.

Rejex. Lasts a heckuva lot longer than wax. https://www.amazon.com/CorrosionX-61002-Rejex-16oz-Bottle/dp/B0006V0LNY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3J1GKDKZ8XOS3&dchild=1&keywords=rejex+polymer+coating&qid=1573876715&sprefix=Rejex%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-1

Last edited:
So I bought some seal and shine from Turtle Wax. Did the thing on Monday. Rained the last couple of days and the beading is beautiful! It was WAY easier than NuFinish. We'll see how long it keeps beading for...

I used Nu Finish back in the 80's and late 90's. Stopped using it as I didn't like the staining. I now use either Maguiars, Optimum, Klasse or Adams Products. In Florida we have extreme conditions so the product that is used has to be very good.

I saw a NuFinish user yesterday. Pulled up next to me at a stoplight. Great big black F350, paint beading beautifully in the light rain - white staining on every piece of plastic trim.

Looked wonderful.

It's 2019. Why waste time with something that will make your life harder?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I saw a NuFinish user yesterday. Pulled up next to me at a stoplight. Great big black F350, paint beading beautifully in the light rain - white staining on every piece of plastic trim.

Looked wonderful.

It's 2019. Why waste time with something that will make your life harder?

Best comment of this thread.

Originally Posted by grampi
I can't believe people still use this junk...

Yep-was waiting for someone to waste their time and post this comment.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by grampi
I can't believe people still use this junk...

Yep-was waiting for someone to waste their time and post this comment.

So what's yer point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back