Dealer Markup on Jeep Gladiator High as $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by itguy08
they will end up being "Bro-ette" vehicles and will never see off road.

Haha this big time! Complete with pink headlights and pink deer head stickers all over the rear glass.

$60k for a Fiat Chrysler "Jeep" - sign me up ASAP! Can't wait to pile into that dumpster fire of a service department they having going on.

Originally Posted by earthbound
need to ask member (hootbro) what he paid..i see in his sig he has one.....

Sticker was $52K, paid $46K. I ordered it from a dealer in NC that at first offered a stacking up to 7% off invoice but now is down to a up to 5% off invoice.

They are not cheap to begin with but Jeep like their late 2018 Wrangler JL launch, they made their high trim and optioned models the only ones to be able to order first before they start to build the lessor priced based models.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by KrisZ
A vehicle is worth whatever the market is willing to pay for it. Corporations are extremely greedy entities, so when something potentially hot in the market comes along, they want to take advantage of that situation.
Given that the Jeep brand is pretty much on fire lately, it is really a no surprise they want to take as much money from the eager early buyers as possible before the excitement dies down.

Yup, they will sell tons of them. I've already seen a few around where I live, and the 4-door Wrangler is probably one of the most common vehicles in my area.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
What's the payload and towing on this Jeep pickup truck?

I think it's near 7k, but that's really stretching it according to TFLT on YouTube.

After just trading in a 2015 Patriot, I'm done with Jeeps. Unless it's a 1967 Jeep Gladiator. That's a real truck.

Originally Posted by stcif
After just trading in a 2015 Patriot, I'm done with Jeeps. Unless it's a 1967 Jeep Gladiator. That's a real truck.

To be fair, the Patriot wasn't really a Jeep. It was just a tarted up Dodge Caliber. And the Caliber manages to be even more soul crushingly boring than a Toyota, except with all the hard plastic you could ever want.

Last edited:

Like every other pickup truck, that will depend on the specific model, and how it's equipped.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Like every other pickup truck, that will depend on the specific model, and how it's equipped.

Ask and you shall receive.

ABF80C1C-0F84-41F8-A41F-3CD477BD6A02.png

I just saw my first Gladiator on the road this past Sunday. If it hadn't been for this thread beforehand, I wouldn't have known they existed. And I'm an ex Jeep Wrangler owner.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by stcif

To be fair, the Patriot wasn't really a Jeep. It was just a tarted up Dodge Caliber. And the Caliber manages to be even more soul crushingly boring than a Toyota, except with all the hard plastic you could ever want.

Agreed. It's sad to see the Jeep name on vehicles I believe to be of such poor quality now. Growing up my father drove a 67 Gladiator pickup followed by a 73 J10 pickup. Wish I could get those trucks back.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by kkreit01
I read that also. I guess that explains why there are hardly any on the road yet.

Yep. The Jeep Gladiator are very ugly.

Cool concept vehicle for car show, not so good for daily driving.

I have not driven one, but several reviews are not favorable. Same can be said for the Ranger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...ruck-showdown/ar-AAJCFTU?ocid=spartanntp

"Hop in the Ranger XL, though, and the Gladiator suddenly seems lavish. Its interior is an expanse of chintzy hard plastic, devoid of niceties to make it feel anywhere beyond basic. The molded plastic steering wheel reminds you of the car's cheapness every time you touch it, which is frequently. A low-resolution infotainment display about the size of a credit card completes the low-end feel."

Originally Posted by 02SE

Jeep has to be light to do what it does best … but wants to compete with LT's

Personally I'd probably tow 50% of rating and CG down low … wind load minimal … like a boat …

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByaMOuDhuWH/?igshid=bb1exbmndz8b

Originally Posted by buster

I have not driven one, but several reviews are not favorable. Same can be said for the Ranger.

"Hop in the Ranger XL, though, and the Gladiator suddenly seems lavish. Its interior is an expanse of chintzy hard plastic, devoid of niceties to make it feel anywhere beyond basic. The molded plastic steering wheel reminds you of the car's cheapness every time you touch it, which is frequently. A low-resolution infotainment display about the size of a credit card completes the low-end feel."

I read that article - I want my 10 minutes back for that dumb piece. Let's compare the cheapest version of one truck against a mid or upper level truck that costs $15k more and complain that the cheaper version feels, well, cheap. And then poo poo the better powertrain in one of them and declare the more expensive truck the "winner". The versions of each were mismatched (supercab vs crew).

It's junk reporting like that why I stopped reading Motor Trend years ago.

Originally Posted by CARJ
My local dealership actually has a Sport model in stock for $46,405. Right next to that price is, "Finance for $720 a month for 72 months."
crazy2.gif
That, my friends, is INSANE!

Agree 100 percent ^^^^

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by KrisZ
A vehicle is worth whatever the market is willing to pay for it. Corporations are extremely greedy entities, so when something potentially hot in the market comes along, they want to take advantage of that situation.
Given that the Jeep brand is pretty much on fire lately, it is really a no surprise they want to take as much money from the eager early buyers as possible before the excitement dies down.

Exactly. I don't understand why so many in this thread oppose free market capitalism.

I agree with you....

But it must be noted... In this country people do not understand how things actually work in the real world. . .

Originally Posted by itguy08
Originally Posted by buster

I read that article - I want my 10 minutes back for that dumb piece. Let's compare the cheapest version of one truck against a mid or upper level truck that costs $15k more and complain that the cheaper version feels, well, cheap. And then poo poo the better powertrain in one of them and declare the more expensive truck the "winner". The versions of each were mismatched (supercab vs crew).

It's junk reporting like that why I stopped reading Motor Trend years ago.

I agree MT is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back