TPMS Newb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a set of rims and winter tires for my '19 STI. They came with TPMS sensors and I also purchased two ATEQ tools to register them.

The tool to "wake up" the sensor isn't working, the instructions appear to be for vehicles that have a learning process (thus they will honk when detected).

However I do have the IDs of the TPMS sensors, does that mean they were initialized at Tirerack? I added them to the vehicle but haven't had a chance to drive yet to see if the nanny light comes on.

I have a 19 WRX and have been watching this on some Facebook groups. I was looking at this to activate/clone the new sensors to match the OEM ones.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
The ATEQ TPM Quickset was able to read the existing TPMS ID's from the ECU, and flash the new TPMS ID's. However I have no idea what corner each ID is at, a scanner like the MaxiTPMS seems like a better option than what TireRack sold me.

Usually youll need to program the id numbers into the computer so it knows which sensors to pick up on. Unless they were 100% OEM Huf, or VDO, and activated with the tool, the car wont know to look for them and will still be searching for the older ones. Most times aftermarket TPM only work with certains tools to initalize and program, most can read the frequency no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back