Best tasting peanut butter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Back in the day it was chunky Jif on 1/2 toasted pepperidge farm white bread, lay on some bacon, then back in the toaster to finish.

AWESOME.

I don't have a toaster over or a microwave now.

haven't had peanut butter in years.

Been doing hummus on non-gmo corn chips like Late July or Mi Nina backed up buy a giant slim jim.

Bless your heart ☹ï¸
I'm sorry
Gotta have PB

Originally Posted by Silk
They sell ''American Style'' here - it's horrible. It has sugar added I think. Why ?

In North America, everything has sugar added to it.

Those products that do not, are reviewed as "tasteless" or "bland" by those who regularly eat a diet full of highly processed foods.
Most of the "sugars" are disguised as other things such as molasses, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), brown rice syrup, Agave Nectar, brown sugar, barley malt, maple syrup, etc.
This is the main reason for the diabetes and obesity epidemic in North America and the world in general.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Who makes the best tasting peanut butter? One you can eat straight out of the jar with a spoon?

My moms homemade from unsalted almonds and peanuts
smile.gif

I ended up buying Peter Pan Natural. It's good stuff!! Next time I'll give the Smart Balance a try.

A few years ago when Peter Pan had that recall (Great Value also) I was watching a MODERN MARVELS episode about peanut butter. They went into the Con-Agra plant and it showed 2 production lines of jars of peanut butter going down the line. At the end one was labeled PETER PAN, the other, GREAT VALUE. Yep, Con-Agra made both, and the GV was over a dollar cheaper. And, to this day, Con-Agra STILL makes both. Why pay extra for PP when the same peanut butter is sold A LOT cheaper in a GV jar?
(In the link scroll down to #9 GV PB)
https://hip2save.com/2017/04/11/mon...-items-are-actually-made-by-name-brands/

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
It really depends on the jelly.

I only eat Great Value strawberry preserves with my peanut butter. It's made by SMUCKERS and cost A LOT less than all of those fancy name brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back