Taurus TX22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke down and finally bought a taurus... My cousin and I were at a local gun show when I saw one for $254, new with 2 16rd mags and a 100rd box of ammo. I had held one briefly a few months ago but passed it over. Have never been a fan of their guns but it was a new model that felt good in hand and had a pretty decent trigger. Also worth noting that it comes threaded for an included adapter to mount a suppressor.

I like that it breaks down like any other poly defense pistol and it seems to run well - I've only got about 100rds of 2 different brands of ammo (40grn Remington Range and some Aguila) but it doesn't seem picky so far? 1 malfunction but that was a round sitting wonky in the magazine. On that note, you have to be slightly careful to make sure the rounds are all tip up when you let go of the follower. Somehow they can nose down and lock that way?

Overall a fun little shooter shooter so far and fairly accurate to boot.

15727126764002407280901945542200.jpg

15727127164688650603698820350068.jpg

15727127550794325025919033803110.jpg

15727127991761125049878999617123.jpg

Last edited:
The TX22 seems to be the gun that has somewhat redeemed Taurus's reputation. (or maybe not)

Originally Posted by Reddy45
The TX22 seems to be the gun that has somewhat redeemed Taurus's reputation. (or maybe not)

The G3 is also really, really nice. I prefer it over the rest of my "budget pistols"

Althoigh, ive never had an issue with any Taurus I own.
Including a PT 92, G3, Judge Poly, Spectrum, and 856.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by The_Eric
1 malfunction but that was a round sitting wonky in the magazine. On that note, you have to be slightly careful to make sure the rounds are all tip up when you let go of the follower. Somehow they can nose down and lock that way?

I think the same problem occurs with other pistols that stack "rimmed" cartridges in a magazine.

It's just the nature of that particular beast.

Personally I can't see the point of buying one unless you just like to go to the range and burn up ammo. BTW..nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by Linctex
1 malfunction but that was a round sitting wonky in the magazine. On that note, you have to be slightly careful to make sure the rounds are all tip up when you let go of the follower. Somehow they can nose down and lock that way?

I think the same problem occurs with other pistols that stack "rimmed" cartridges in a magazine.

It's just the nature of that particular beast.

You're probably right - it's something that I've been mindful of since I experienced it and it hasn't been an issue

Originally Posted by Al
Personally I can't see the point of buying one unless you just like to go to the range and burn up ammo. BTW..nothing wrong with that.

It's a standard sized, featured and operating gun chambered in .22 making it a good training gun or first gun.

Originally Posted by Al

Because once you're tired of burning 20-50cents a round on 9mm, 40, 45, etc you can sit there and burn 2 cents a round on 22LR.

LOL. Burning through 40$ of 22LR is an all day event, whereas other calibers is an hour if you're lucky!

It's a standard sized, featured and operating gun chambered in .22 making it a good training gun or first gun.

Completely agree - - many that profess to be afraid of pistols do quite well running some .22 ammo out

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
LOL. Burning through 40$ of 22LR is an all day event, whereas other calibers is an hour if you're lucky!

$40 worth of 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP can easily disappear in just minutes.

Originally Posted by Al

Oh..my bad.. I could be seriously tempted...Thanks!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by Al

Oh..my bad.. I could be seriously tempted...Thanks!!

You should try one out Al! It really is a fun little shooter.

I like mine. Great little shooter! Just be sure and load like you would a center fire. If you pull down on the round knob like I do on my Ruger MK2 and the rounds don't stagger you will have malfunctions.

You should try one out Al! It really is a fun little shooter.

Wish I hadn't seen this...yea..might.
mad.gif

I just ordered one because of all the great reviews. I already have a Buckmark, Victory and 10/22 but another 22 is always welcomed in my collection.

Originally Posted by Reddy45

No, that would be the Millennium G2.

The list of reliable. 22 pistols is a short one. The list of. 22 pistols that are reliable and easy to field strip and clean is even shorter. Taurus filled a gap in the market with the TX22.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

I was wanting a .22 pistol for the reason of low cost firing, but spending $250+ to save ~$0.11/round (right now I can get 9mm for ~$0.16/round, .22 is ~$0.05/round) is hard to justify short term. Long term (depending on how much you shoot it) it could become cost effective.

I do agree it is a great first pistol, and am about to bring my daughter shooting for the first time.
Unless I find a cheap used .22 pistol, I was just going to rent one at my range for $15, which includes 200 rounds of ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back