Exxon / Mobil Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing I'm aware of … starting to see Mobil returning to my area … had all but vanished after the merger

Just another way to saturate a given market without extreme duplication.
Same as BP is now doing with the resurrection of the Amoco name.

Originally Posted by Tdbo

Had no idea Amoco was resurrected. Had a local mayor here who tried to block Amoco relabeling as BP because he thought it was un-American. (He also tried to ban NYPD Blue when they showed Dennis Franz's butt.)

I've seen a few Mobil stations popping up here and there. Next thing you know Chevron will be bringing back the Texaco brand too.

This has been regulated forever … but to dig deeper crosses a line on this website

Originally Posted by PimTac
I've seen a few Mobil stations popping up here and there. Next thing you know Chevron will be bringing back the Texaco brand too.

Already have … I see Texaco fuel pumps around Houston and a Havoline quick change in my small village
(CVX not on the business sign, just on the oil bottle)

???? Texaco never went away. Throughout the West there are both Chevron and Texaco stations, in many cases only a short distance apart.

I thought Mobil and Exxon have been selling the same gas for years. A few years back when I was planning a road trip to upper Michigan, I was researching what Top Tier stations to buy gas at since Chevron isn't that big in the Mid-West, and I thought that Exxon and Mobil were selling the same gas back then.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Good for the mayor, at least on the Dennis Franz issue.

lol.gif

I agree... Much rather it be Kim Delaney's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BHopkins

???? Texaco never went away. Throughout the West there are both Chevron and Texaco stations, in many cases only a short distance apart.

I thought Mobil and Exxon have been selling the same gas for years. A few years back when I was planning a road trip to upper Michigan, I was researching what Top Tier stations to buy gas at since Chevron isn't that big in the Mid-West, and I thought that Exxon and Mobil were selling the same gas back then.

It probably depends on the region. In my area Texaco disappeared many years ago.

Brand doesn't mean so much up here as the actual station with some big names getting mysterious nightime no-name deliveries.

Bad gas at the Local Shell and the downtown Haverhill MA Shell.

Shell up north on rt 28 near Derry has been typically consistent and good.

When I say bad gas. I mean you have a hard time getting the car home!

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Brand doesn't mean so much up here as the actual station with some big names getting mysterious nightime no-name deliveries.

Bad gas at the Local Shell and the downtown Haverhill MA Shell.

Shell up north on rt 28 near Derry has been typically consistent and good.

When I say bad gas. I mean you have a hard time getting the car home!

There was one or more station owner(s) here, in the industrial and run down parts of town, that were charged with putting water in their gas tanks. I believe it was a Citgo branded station that is now closed...

Originally Posted by csandste
Originally Posted by Tdbo

Had no idea Amoco was resurrected. Had a local mayor here who tried to block Amoco relabeling as BP because he thought it was un-American. (He also tried to ban NYPD Blue when they showed Dennis Franz's butt.)

Here you go:

https://www.cspdailynews.com/fuels/amoco-returns-encore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back