Android screen blacking out during calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded to a Galaxy A10e, and one thing that is driving me crazy is that during a phone call, the screen blacks out. I have to click a side button to get the phone app to appear, so I can press a button or a number, etc. I know this wasn't the case with the older Android that I upgraded from.

I looked in my settings, and I have set the screen to black out after 10 minutes of inactivity. I didn't see anything in the Phone/Call app settings that dealt with this.

Is there any way to adjust this?

My Galaxy S9 does the same thing so likely an Android thing. Not sure if a setting can change it I just have been using it as is.

that is usually the function of the proximity sensor. the screen should come back on as soon as you remove the phone from your ear .

Interesting, I often speak with the phone on speakerphone, with the phone already away from me. Next time I talk, I'll put it up to my ear and see if this is something that will take place when I move it away.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
that is usually the function of the proximity sensor. the screen should come back on as soon as you remove the phone from your ear .

oh yeah if you are using the speaker phone and its sitting on a table it will shut the screen down. if you put it to your ear the prox sensor should sense it and shut the screen and then come back on as soon as you remove it from your ear.

I did speak with the phone at my ear earlier today, and as I looked at it, the screen showed. I thought it was displaing the entire time, but regardless, at least when I (would have) needed to see to push a button, it did show.

OK, then I guess my question is to figure out how to get that proximity sensor to keep the screen displayed, even when it is not near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back