'17 Civic HB 6MT, 7,021/42,117mi Amsoil SS5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest UOA for my hatch. Ran the oil till the MM went down to 15% and every time I'd start the car would illuminate maintenance reminder (super annoying). This oil has seen several 400mi highway trips in South texas heat this summer, some city traffic and regular pulls to 5-5,500rpm (nothing crazy though). All in all looks good to me. And yes, so much for fuel dilution blowing up the engines. Feel free to chime in team

[Linked Image]

BTW, refilled it with the last 3.5qts of Amsoil SS i had on hand. Some Mobil SS at 55c/qt going in next lol

Looks good. Surprised viscosity did so well. Good to use 5w30 in a 0w20 engine with all that dilution going on.
You used a Fram Ultra, good call.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Wow. Crazy amount of fuel.

What's the starting viscosity of that Amsoil SS 5W-30?

I wouldn't say 4% is really crazy. There is some but not terrible.

And yes, starts off @ 10.3.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by john_pifer
Did you notice any sluggishness after switching to the 5W-30?

What's HTHS on that SS 5W-30?

absolutely not. drive exact same way as with 0w20, same fuel economy. HTHS is around 3.2 or so if I remember correctly

Aye Chihuahua.
I'm goin' Dominator or PUP 10W30 if it's my sled.
Then...driving it like I stole it.
It must be an exhilarating driving experience, parshisa, especially with the 6MT.
I almost bought one instead of my Lexus.
Enjoy Sir.

Edit. Say is that the Type R 2.0T or the 1.5T ??
grin.gif

(both are winners, just a matter of how "sick" you are for performance.)

Gonna maybe try the Redline 5w30 with a 3.7hths if I up the boost on the 1.5 or 2.0. I'm down to choosing a Civic, Accord or CRV. I just wish they add the 6 qt capacity like the Honda CTR does.

Well, I don't think I'm gonna be trying anything in this car - it'll likely be traded in for CRV or accord, my surgeon didn't give me good news today - bone fracture, torn acl and possibly meniscus. My left leg will be disabled for a while.....bummer. I really love the car. the best I've ever had in my life. 43K and not a single issue.

LOL, Polaris Labs said Boron is slightly low. It is depleted by 90%. Typical. They spend less than 60 seconds per analysis to generate a report.

Anyway, is there a correlation between Boron depletion and fuel dilution. I see the same depletion rate on my 2.4 Ecotec with 4-5% dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back